By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nintendo and SONY fall after google announces Stadia

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-20/nintendo-sony-fall-after-google-announces-gaming-platform-jtgiu43v

Around the Network

Shareholders panick constantly, this is not surprising.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

The end is nigh, winter is coming

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Darwinianevolution said:
Shareholders panick constantly, this is not surprising.

I panic a bit, but I have not sold my shares after all these waves :D

No.

But Google will fast track the age of Streaming/digital and fall traditional consoles.

Last edited by Xxain - on 20 March 2019

Around the Network

Everybody falls when a big player with big tons of money enters a market for a slice for the pie. Just look how many groceries are closing throughout US after Amazon decided to enter the business of local grocery supermarket by buying Whole Foods.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 20 March 2019

Xxain said:

No.

But Google will fast track the age of Streaming/digital and fall traditional consoles.

Google are just jumping on the bandwagon. PS Now has been doing streaming for years and Sony were going to greatly expand that with PS5 whether Google announced this or not. MS likewise have their plans whether Google entered or not. 

Knee jerk reactions as usual, this really doesn't affect Nintendo and Sony as much as it does Microsoft because they have a wealth of exclusives that can only be on their platform, even if they do end up making streaming devices and services. This is in direct competition with first and foremost the xCloud.

So what could do Nintendo then ? Their advantage is their exclusives from where they get a huge majority of their profit. Considering this fact, they should remain in the best position of all to transit to the cloud gaming era.

CaptainExplosion said:

I'm starting to not like Google now. -_-

Just now?