By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest franchise you always wanted to try but never got around to

Forza Horizon and Dark Souls are 2 of the big ones that come to mind. I've thoroughly played Demon's Souls, but never any of the Dark Souls games I've been interested in Far Cry as well, but that has waned a little bit over the years. There's definitely more.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I would say the Zelda games series. As much as a lot of people have told me to try the series, I have never gotten into any of the games. I once tried twilight process but couldnt get through the slow start. Didn't help that I was playing the Wii version on a 4k 55' inch tv which looks horrible. I still own the game but don't think I would ever play it especially now that I have a 60 inch tv. If I ever get the switch, I might give the last Zelda game a chance.

Angelv577 said:
I would say the Zelda games series. As much as a lot of people have told me to try the series, I have never gotten into any of the games. I once tried twilight process but couldnt get through the slow start. Didn't help that I was playing the Wii version on a 4k 55' inch tv which looks horrible. I still own the game but don't think I would ever play it especially now that I have a 60 inch tv. If I ever get the switch, I might give the last Zelda game a chance.

Any interest in the 2D Zeldas? They tend to get going quicker. You could start with Link to the Past. Retro sprite graphics games tend to hold up better that early 3D games. If you really want to do 3D Zelda, Ocarina of Time gets interesting a bit sooner than Twilight Princess, and looks pretty good on 3DS, or at least as good as something in that art style needs to. Wind Waker, if the cartoon cel shading art style doesn't bother you, also has a fairly drawn out start, but I found it more interesting than Twilight Princess' start, though that game has a weird, drawn out midgame instead that people hate. Skyward Sword's control scheme is neat with the Wii Motion Plus which makes for some cool sword fights, but is the slowest start of all and the most hand holding game in the series. Twilight Princess has an HD version on Wii U, but it's the Wii U so you probably don't have it and it wouldn't be worth getting it. Too bad, that one has one of the better fighting systems later on as Link learns more moves from the Hero's Shade. Majora's Mask is my favorite but is definitely not for everyone and not the best example of what 3D Zelda is like. Breath of the Wild is probably the most accessible title for modern gamers and arguably the best in the series anyway, so you should probably start there, but it won't give you a full idea of what Zelda dungeons used to be like.