By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guys you should try Dead or alive 6 core fighters Free to Play version

Thanks for the advise.
Downloading right now.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
John2290 said:
No. I'm not supporting a dev that cuts 1000+ worth of content from a game to sell it as MT's and releases another game with 93 season pass they only lasts a limited time. No one should support this. Plus fighters in the internet age are pointless with meta gaming and constant rebalancing, Not going to learn a fighter and invest the time to have them altered in nuance if I put the game down for a few weeks or months.

Nothing was cut, except for maybe Nyotengu which they cut to use as a preorder bonus, but that is common practice for all developers/publishers these days. Certainly no costumes were cut, DoA 6 actually actually has more costumes in the base game than any previous game in the series, 5 per character, and that is on top of multiple hair style choices and glasses choices. While I agree that the season passes are overpriced, you can buy individual costumes for your favorite characters and save a ton of money. 

Mai is a 10 dollar DLC character in DoA5 and DoA6.  IIRC, DoA5:TCF only let you use 2 or 3 characters.  Seeing them follow the exact same model as the last game, I'll wait.  They also thought it was a fantastic idea to release the 93 dollar DLC before the free version of the game, too.

shikamaru317 said:
Burning Typhoon said:

Mai is a 10 dollar DLC character in DoA5 and DoA6.  IIRC, DoA5:TCF only let you use 2 or 3 characters.  Seeing them follow the exact same model as the last game, I'll wait.  They also thought it was a fantastic idea to release the 93 dollar DLC before the free version of the game, too.

I agree, $10 is pretty steep for Mai, should have been $5 per DLC character, but at least she's not locked to the season pass like some people feared. Thankfully, Koei Tecmo does DLC sales pretty often for DoA, so I'm sure we'll be able to get Mai for $5 within a few months. 

$10 is like the maximum you can get away with charging for a character. Is Mai already out? I didn't see her when I checked.

shikamaru317 said:
Burning Typhoon said:

I agree, $10 is pretty steep for Mai, should have been $5 per DLC character, but at least she's not locked to the season pass like some people feared. Thankfully, Koei Tecmo does DLC sales pretty often for DoA, so I'm sure we'll be able to get Mai for $5 within a few months. 

Not having Mai in the season pass when you can buy the other two characters in the pass separately?  I don't know if she's in the pass or not, but if she isn't she should have been.

Is anyone buying those wedding costumes though? Lol