By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many years you've been diabetic?

Poll for these years as diabetic

1-5 years 0 0%

6-10 years 2 100.00%

11-15 years 0 0%

16-20 years 0 0%

21-25 years 0 0%

26-30 years 0 0%

30+ years 0 0%

Total:2
dx11332sega said:

Either type 1 or type 2 . 

I've been type 2 diabetic atleast 8 years since 2011 at age 23 years old I'm currently 31 years old gonna be 32 December of this year.

i have been close to type 2 but not yet ( i hope not) since at age 28. Now i am in 33 years old. The reason is  because overweight , lack exercise and bad habit of eating. 

But now , i am having an intermittent fasting for 20 hours , and already making a great progress , i loss 10 kg in 2,5 weeks .  

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 14 March 2019

Around the Network

Have you tried to eat more healthy and lose weight ?

None as far as i know

dx11332sega said:
Immersiveunreality said:
Have you tried to eat more healthy and lose weight ?

I've been losing weight I now weigh 192lbs <(^_^<)

how tall are you?

HollyGamer said:
dx11332sega said:

Either type 1 or type 2 . 

I've been type 2 diabetic atleast 8 years since 2011 at age 23 years old I'm currently 31 years old gonna be 32 December of this year.

i have been close to type 2 but not yet ( i hope not) since at age 28. Now i am in 33 years old. The reason is  because overweight , lack exercise and bad habit of eating. 

But now , i am having an intermittent fasting for 20 hours , and already making a great progress , i loss 10 kg in 2,5 weeks .  

Oh. Intermittent fasting? Tell us how that is.

I've had type 2 for about 7 years. But I managed to get my sugar levels under control after completely eliminating carbs from my diet. I don't even eat brown rice anymore..

Around the Network
Azelover said:
HollyGamer said:

Oh. Intermittent fasting? Tell us how that is.

I've had type 2 for about 7 years. But I managed to get my sugar levels under control after completely eliminating carbs from my diet. I don't even eat brown rice anymore..

Actually it's just 16 to 20 hours of fasting (but still can drink water, cider vinegar, lime, lemon, tea,coffee) . So it's like one day one meal.

No Sugar, very less carb , more protein, and more veggies.

Moderate activity and sometimes moderate work out and moderate cardio. 

Zero, though I should all things considered

My wife's a diabetic. Not too bad, though. Still kinda sucks and it can be scary some times.

dx11332sega said:
Immersiveunreality said:

how tall are you?

5'8 . I used to be 235lbs in 2015 I shed lbs per year 

Alright firstly well done on losing that weight,try to make it this years goal to lose another 26 lbs and the next step after that could be gaining some muscles but no need to start with powertraining as you can gain the first growth through cardio combined with healthy eating.