By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Fallout announcement apparently coming soon for PC, PS4, XB1

Meh. Played fallout 3 more than enough times that a remaster wouldn’t be worth it for me. On the other hand, fallout nv remaster...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
Could be a fallout collection with fa 1 2 3 and new Vegas on one disc. 

No, it couldn't. 

Bethesda would never release a collection including 1 and 2 to the general consumer, especially on console. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Skeeuk said:
Could be a fallout collection with fa 1 2 3 and new Vegas on one disc. 

No, it couldn't. 

Bethesda would never release a collection including 1 and 2 to the general consumer, especially on console. 

Anyone who played Fallout 76 got Fallout 1/2 for pc for free.

PwerlvlAmy said:
give the franchise a break,good lord bethesda. Please no more :(

If you don't want to play it then simply don't buy it.  Problem solved, simple as that.  There won't be another mainline Fallout game for many years to come so I don't see why it would be a problem to begin with.  It's not like this is Mario or CoD we're talking about.

melbye said:
I don't know if this is a good idea right now, after Fallout has been dragged through the mud with Fallout 76.

If it's a great quality game, this could be the perfect time.  They need redemotion.  But, if it's sucks, it will do even more damage to the Fallout brand.  I'd call it's risky move right now.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

I really hope it's at least a remaster for Fallout 3.  It needs it more than New Vegas.

StriderKiwi said:
Fallout 3 remaster most likely. If it plays more like 4 and 76, that's a pass for me. Both disappointed. Now if it's just a graphical and performance touch up...

If it plays more like Fallout 4 then I'll buy it without a shred of doubt.  Mechanically, Fallout 4 is a far, far better game than Fallout 3 or New Vegas, with way better combat and a much improved interface.  I recently tried to replay Fallout 3 and just couldn't do it, it's too dated in too many ways, from the graphics to the enemy AI.  I did replay NV and lost my nostalgia goggles a bit, as it didn't hold up quite as well as I'd imagined. 

It would also be awesome if they added in more content, as both F3 and NV suffer in comparison to F4 in terms of things to do.  So much empty space in those games, whereas the spacing in Fallout 4 is the best I've ever seen for an open world game.  

Some type of settlement system, even if it's only limited to a few locations, would be wonderful.  I just hope that mod porting is easy.

Eh. To each their own. Haven't played 3 in forever, but I've played plenty of 4 and a little of 76. I'm just tired of that same gameplay. the hours I put into 76 was the breaking point. Whatever Fallout they do next should be a noticeable improvement over 4's.

4 did have more content, but that was also an issue imo. I enjoyed nearly every single side quest in 3, yet I can barely remember anything meaningful I did in 4. Plus 3 and NV did have dlc which I would assume would be in a potential remaster.

But I'm also of the opinion where I'd prefer 30 to 50 hours of content that is fine tuned versus 100 - 300 hours of ok content. So I'm not the usual open-world gamer.

Fallout 77

konnichiwa said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

No, it couldn't. 

Anyone who played Fallout 76 got Fallout 1/2 for pc for free.

For free as compensation, and on PC as well. 

Doesn't really change what I said tbh. 

Fallout 76 GOTY Edition, calling it now.

If it's a remaster, I hope its 3 & New Vegas.

Really doubt they're looking to drop a new Fallout game after 76 being so recent and bad.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)