By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales week 6, February 4 - 10, 2019

Switch keep performing much better YoY, and already sold sold 530k in 6 weeks only.

Around the Network

@ OP. You might want to add "Media Create" to the thread title. It appears to be missing :O

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Marth said:
The state of hardware is depressing.

YoY:
PS4 down 51%
3DS down 52%
Vita down 63%
XBO down 85%
Switch up 45%

KH3 drops another 60%. Safe to say 1M at retail is dead. JRPGs just don't have legs.
Super Mario Party meanwhile reached the 1M. Congratz.
Mario Odyssey and Kirby reappear in the top 20 after 3 weeks of absence.
BotW is up this week. Crazy legs on Link.

It's all that mountain climbing.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 13 February 2019

Signature goes here!

Switch is a strong beast, this looks to be PS4 last year

Add mediacreate to the title.

Kh3 I believe hits 1m+ with digital. Don't ignore digital because these sales are more valuable to SE and Sony then retail sales.

Ps4 hardware will hit 9m+ after this year. Not bad for a console who's sales are collapsing in year 5. It will enter it's 6th year in 10 days.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Kh3 I believe hits 1m+ with digital. Don't ignore digital because these sales are more valuable to SE and Sony then retail sales.

Ps4 hardware will hit 9m+ after this year. Not bad for a console who's sales are collapsing in year 5. It will enter it's 6th year in 10 days.

9 million might be unrealistic for this year 

Smash has over 500K digital sales in Japan according to Nintendo sell-through number at 31 Dec. So ltd number should be over 3.3m at this point.

Mar1217 said:
Kerotan said:

Digital sales ratio are lower there than worldwide. It had an epic drop on it's 2nd week retail wise which I expect the same for the digital side of things (without counting that digital ratio usually slows down with time).

I can see it happening if you use shipment numbers though ... in a month.

I still think with digital it will ship and then sell over 1m in Japan. 

MasonADC said:
Kerotan said:

9 million might be unrealistic for this year 

Not if it gets a price cut. In it's 6th year surely? 

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Smash has over 500K digital sales in Japan according to Nintendo sell-through number at 31 Dec. So ltd number should be over 3.3m at this point.

What did it sell at retail in 2018?

Impressive for switch considering Jan/Feb are a 'letdown' in new releases, March and so on will be interesting but let's wait what the new direct shows :).