By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will you be getting Anthem??

Tagged games:

Will you be getting Anthem?

Yes 6 6.90%

Maybe 14 16.09%

No 63 72.41%

What's Anthem? 4 4.60%

Total:87

No, not my cup of tea.

Around the Network

No. Game is really boring.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Of course not. There’s an E and an A on that box.

I'll wait for reviews and general consensus of the game 2-3 weeks after release.
But until then: It's gonna be a No from me dawg

Not at launch. I may check it out in a few months, depending on how it turns out.

Around the Network

No way in hell I am buying a game with the priorities EA has, and tries to impose in their games.

Too many game releases too little time. Anthem doesn't look like anything worth sinking time into for me.

Mar1217 said:
No.

As for the reason, I'll go a bit further than just my usual distaste towards EA. I'll be frank, since the announcement, this game looked like the project that meticulously made to cater to all possible trends from recent years in the industry ( Basically a big open-world coupled with shooter based "RPG"-ish elements and tack-on online multiplayer to justify the adding of microtransactions into the product).
I sense the average-ness coming from this game, a game that won't have much identity on it's own since it was construct *solely* as a product of current trends.

You've summed up my thoughts perfectly on this game.

No intention to buy it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

game requires online subscription and i'm not renewing psplus