By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF : Anthem Tested on all consoles

CGI-Quality said:
kirby007 said:

Then explain me that list in the OP

A number of things can play a factor there, including optimization (or, perhaps, lack thereof). Also factor in hardware (the Xbox One, for example, is notoriously harder to work with than the other machines). The Xbox One X is doing more than the Pro (remember, res impacts performance). So...

XBO : 900p native / 20~25fps (30fps in small area's)
PS4 : 1080p native / 30fps most of the time
Pro : 1080p native / 35~45fps or 1800p native / 25~30fps
X : 2160p native / 25~30fps

In terms of performance (fps):
1) PS4pro (1080) 
2) PS4 (1080)
3) PS4pro (1800p)
4) Xbox One X (2160)
5) Xbox One (900p)

This isn't part of a rule, but one principle that remains: 900p/1080p/1880p/2160p are forms of output.

i understand the ps4 pro at 1080p doing better, because it sacs performance for fps, but pro1800 vs xox is nonsense and

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Wow between this and Division 2 running native 4k, Scorpio is beasting. They’ll iron out the FPS issues, assuming they even exist at launch.

kirby007 said:

Then explain me that list in the OP

You have already had multiple people who are proficient in this field explain it.

kirby007 said:

i understand the ps4 pro at 1080p doing better, because it sacs performance for fps, but pro1800 vs xox is nonsense and

1800P is 3200x1800.
2160P is 3840x2160.

That is a 44% difference in resolution.

Besides, the game isn't out yet, this performance can be considered "Beta". - Wait for the full game release.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

flashfire926 said:
Its sorta sad the Pro cant achieve 1080p 60fps. What's even more worse is the lack of a performance mode on X.

Xbox One OG is on its last legs.

How so? 900p 25-30 is how'd I'd describe the performance of Ryse. 1080ps4 900 X1 is basically how the whole generation has played out.

If it was 720 vs 1080 and not hitting 30, then you'd have a point.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Wow between this and Division 2 running native 4k, Scorpio is beasting. They’ll iron out the FPS issues, assuming they even exist at launch.

There are rumblings that this is a couple of months old build too because they couldn't get the current one approved by the deadline.

Would probably be the reason why the pro 1080 mode still exists. It's not handled by the game itself, more like a workaround. I expect all versions to be quite solid by launch.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
CGI-Quality said:

A number of things can play a factor there, including optimization (or, perhaps, lack thereof). Also factor in hardware (the Xbox One, for example, is notoriously harder to work with than the other machines). The Xbox One X is doing more than the Pro (remember, res impacts performance). So...

XBO : 900p native / 20~25fps (30fps in small area's)
PS4 : 1080p native / 30fps most of the time
Pro : 1080p native / 35~45fps or 1800p native / 25~30fps
X : 2160p native / 25~30fps

In terms of performance (fps):
1) PS4pro (1080) 
2) PS4 (1080)
3) PS4pro (1800p)
4) Xbox One X (2160)
5) Xbox One (900p)

This isn't part of a rule, but one principle that remains: 900p/1080p/1880p/2160p are forms of output.

While I see that the above list is ranking by fps, the PS4pro (1800) and Xbox One X (2160) are shown to be running the same  25~30 fps but without ranking them equal third the list makes it seem the pro is performing better.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
kirby007 said:

While I see that the above list is ranking by fps, the PS4pro (1800) and Xbox One X (2160) are shown to be running the same  25~30 fps but without ranking them equal third the list makes it seem the pro is performing better.

because it is performing better in this demo, according to DF

while they both have the same range of fps the Pro (1800) usually puts out higher fps than the 1x (2160)

Lafiel said:
mjk45 said:

while they both have the same range of fps the Pro (1800) usually puts out higher fps than the 1x (2160)

While on a 4k tv the latter will look better

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Lafiel said:

While on a 4k tv the latter will look better

Does XB1X run Anthem at 1080P like the  Pro?

Last edited by mjk45 - on 06 February 2019

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

kirby007 said:
vivster said:

Performance = fps and nothing else. If there was a 480p version that runs at 120fps then that would be the best performance. Not sure how you're conflating resolution with performance.

Because a bigger res is also a bigger performance

Performance isnt only fps

You have to distinguish between performance of hardware and performance of a game. What DF listed was about the performance of the game, which is about fps. Think, why would they make a hardware comparison? This isn't 2013.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.