By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Live: Deepmind AI vs Tl's TLO Starcraft II

Chazore said:
Lafiel said:

Yea, in Game 4 it finally showed the almost perfect unit control we feared was possible with super high multi-tasking.

Could we even hope to reach a level like that, if we were to say, "merge" with technology in the future?.

Even if we "merge" with tech, I can't imagine the "self" to be able to handle so many concious tasks at once. Maybe our conciousness evolves to adapt to that, but right now when we "multi-task" it's usually 1 main task and the rest is automated and we switch every so often which one is the main task.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Chazore said:

Could we even hope to reach a level like that, if we were to say, "merge" with technology in the future?.

Even if we "merge" with tech, I can't imagine the "self" to be able to handle so many concious tasks at once. Maybe our conciousness evolves to adapt to that, but right now when we "multi-task" it's usually 1 main task and the rest is automated and we switch every so often which one is the main task.

Yeah, I feel like it would be hard to detach the self part in order to make super multitasking a thing for ourselves.

This current game though, jeez. Alpha's able to ruin Mana's eco on multiple fronts, while Mana tries to disrupt only one of Alpha's worker line. 

Looks like we're going to see more immortal vs Stalker action again. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 24 January 2019

That was some crazy stuff.
Taking away vision over the whole map made the AI significantly weaker but still.
This is an amazing achivement and they got there really fast.

Next Blizzcon will be interesting I expect that they make another presentation around that time.
There we will probably see a fully functional AI capable in every matchup with every race.

Marth said:
That was some crazy stuff.
Taking away vision over the whole map made the AI significantly weaker but still.
This is an amazing achivement and they got there really fast.

Next Blizzcon will be interesting I expect that they make another presentation around that time.
There we will probably see a fully functional AI capable in every matchup with every race.

It felt like the last "agent" wich was limited to the cam wasn't used to playing against multi-pronged harass, maybe because as a tactic it's greatest value is to overload another human with things to do - something that is pointless for the "view all map at once" agents the cam-limited agent itself has seemingly trained against.

I'd like to see a match between Deepmind and OpenAI, though I doubt one would want to risk looking inferior to another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHipy_j29Xw

Around the Network

I'm looking with high interest on AI development as it slowly starts the demise of competitive online games. Not long before online games will include captchas mid game^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.