By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playable character in Kingdom Hearts III Leak [SPOILER]

I prefer not to know things about the game until I play it.
But the one exception is the answer to a question I posed in an earlier topic, about which characters will be playable in the game.
There's one character in particular I wanted to know about more than any other, because it's my favorite character. But I also thought they had a low chance of being playable, due to story reasons.

But here we are: https://i.imgur.com/O7rqVlY.jpg <- Image of the character *SPOILER*
(I cropped out the image to avoid showing more than necessary. I saw it in action in a video.)

I'm really happy to see this character playable in the main game. 
That's all I wanted to know.

Day 1 purchase.

Last edited by Hiku - on 21 January 2019

Around the Network

Fuck. Now I can't play the game until I play Birth By Sleep. I thought maybe I could get away with it, but there's just no way now.

HylianSwordsman said:
Fuck. Now I can't play the game until I play Birth By Sleep. I thought maybe I could get away with it, but there's just no way now.

Oh yeah, you should at the very least watch the story from that game before playing Kingdom Hearts 3.
It's where the main villain is introduced, and his background and motivation is shown, and it's the lead up to the current situation in Kingdom Hearts 3.

I don't know if they'll recap it in KH3, but a lot of crucial plot elements in Kingdom Hearts 3 are the way they are because of what happened in BBS. I'd even go as far as to say that the events of Kingdom Hearts 2 are more skippable than BBS's story, when it comes to enjoying KH3.
Because Kingdom Hearts 2 is more like a conclusion of the first section of the story, wheres BBS introduced a new chapter, that will now conclude in KH3.

First story: Kingdom Hearts 1 > Chain of Memories > 358/2 Days > Kingdom Hearts 2.

Second story: Birth By Sleep >Coded (Only the secret ending, really) > Dream Drop Distance > Kingdom Hearts 3.

Birth By Sleep has my favorite battle mechanics (cooldown system for skills, that can be reduced by using more skills, encouraging more frequent usage of skills) so I'd say it'd be fun to play, if you are at all into Kingdom Hearts. It'll probably pale in comparison to KH 3 though. But if you don't want to play BBS, at least watch the story on youtube is my recommendation.

Anyway, I really didn't want to get my hopes up about this character being playable in the main game, due to what we see in some KH3 trailers. Maybe in a DLC, I thought, but I'm very glad to see I was wrong about that.

Last edited by Hiku - on 20 January 2019

Hiku said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Oh yeah, you should at the very least watch the story from that game before playing Kingdom Hearts 3.
It's where the main villain is introduced, and his background and motivation is shown, and it's the lead up to the current situation in Kingdom Hearts 3.

I don't know if they'll recap it in KH3, but a lot of crucial plot elements in Kingdom Hearts 3 are the way they are because of what happened in BBS. I'd even go as far as to say that the events of Kingdom Hearts 2 is more skippable than BBS's story, when it comes to enjoying KH3.
Because Kingdom Hearts 2 is more like a conclusion of the first section of the story, wheres BBS introduced a new chapter, that will now conclude in KH3.

Birth By Sleep has my favorite battle mechanics (cooldown system for skills, that can be reduced by using more skills, encouraging more frequent usage of skills) so I'd say it'd be fun to play, if you are at all into Kingdom Hearts. It'll probably pale in comparison to KH 3 though. But if you don't want to play BBS, at least watch the story on youtube is my recommendation.

Anyway, I really didn't want to get my hopes up about this character being playable in the main game, due to what we see in some KH3 trailers. Maybe in a DLC, I thought, but I'm very glad to see I was wrong about that.

Well that was definitely the character I was most looking foward to seeing when I finally got around to BBS, so I'm glad they're in 3 since I'm sure I'll want more of them afterwards. So is there a playable version of BBS on one of the KH collections or do I have to track down an actual PSP and copy of the game? I'll definitely play it one way or another. I love trying all the spin-offs' different battle systems.

Hiku said:
HylianSwordsman said:

First story: Kingdom Hearts 1 > Chain of Memories > 358/2 Days > Kingdom Hearts 2.

Second story: Birth By Sleep >Coded (Only the secret ending, really) > Dream Drop Distance > Kingdom Hearts 3.

Ah, I see. Then I've played through the whole first story and just part of Coded for the second story (never finished that one).

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
Hiku said:

I don't know if they'll recap it in KH3, but a lot of crucial plot elements in Kingdom Hearts 3 are the way they are because of what happened in BBS. I'd even go as far as to say that the events of Kingdom Hearts 2 is more skippable than BBS's story, when it comes to enjoying KH3.

Well that was definitely the character I was most looking foward to seeing when I finally got around to BBS, so I'm glad they're in 3 since I'm sure I'll want more of them afterwards. So is there a playable version of BBS on one of the KH collections or do I have to track down an actual PSP and copy of the game? I'll definitely play it one way or another. I love trying all the spin-offs' different battle systems.

Yeah, luckily there are several options for that game. I first played it as an HD Remaster on Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix. (PS3)

On PS4 it's on a game called Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5

And on Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX

• KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
  • KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Final MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE

• KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep –A fragmentary passage–
  • KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover (movie)

It basically has every game. Including Dream Drop Distance, and 0.2 (An epilogue to BBS, and Prologue to KH3 featuring Aqua).
^This one seems to be currently sold out on Amazon, though.

I wouldn't even consider Birth By Sleep a spin-off to be honest since it has both the core gameplay and story. It just features a different main cast, but that's some times necessary, like how Metal Gear Solid 3 is about Snake's father, etc.
I think they should have given it a number, like KH 0. The short epilogue to Birth By Sleep is even called KH 0.2.

HylianSwordsman said: 
Hiku said: 

Ah, I see. Then I've played through the whole first story and just part of Coded for the second story (never finished that one).

Nice.
Yeah from what I understand (I haven't played it myself, but I watched a story summary) Coded is mainly a side story, but the secret ending reveals something regarding the main villain of the current story, and sets up for the events of Dream Drop Distance, which is where Riku and Sora go to take the Mark of Mastery, to try to get the keyblade 'Master' title, in preparation for the final battle to come in KH3.
As of Kingdom Hearts 3 there are currently four people with that title. Aqua is one of them.

I forgot to mention that Kingdom Hearts X also plays a part in the KH3 story, and it's summarized in video form in Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far, or Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

Last edited by Hiku - on 20 January 2019

Hiku said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Yeah, luckily there are several options for that game. I first played it as an HD Remaster on Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix. (PS3)

It basically has every game. Including Dream Drop Distance, and 0.2 (An epilogue to BBS, and Prologue to KH3 featuring Aqua).

I wouldn't even consider Birth By Sleep a spin-off to be honest since it has both the core gameplay and story. It just features a different main cast, but that's some times necessary, like how Metal Gear Solid 3 is about Snake's father, etc.
I think they should have given it a number, like KH 0. The short epilogue to Birth By Sleep is even called KH 0.2.

HylianSwordsman said: 

Nice.
Yeah from what I understand (I haven't played it myself, but I watched a story summary) Coded is mainly a side story, but the secret ending reveals something regarding the main villain of the current story, and sets up for the events of Dream Drop Distance, which is where Riku and Sora go to take the Mark of Mastery, to try to get the keyblade 'Master' title, in preparation for the final battle to come in KH3.
As of Kingdom Hearts 3 there are currently four people with that title. Aqua is one of them.

I forgot to mention that Kingdom Hearts X also plays a part in the KH3 story, and it's summarized in video form in Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far, or Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

I'll probably go for KH:TSSF then, that sounds like it would be the easiest way. Is χ a game you've played? Is it worth playing? Coded is not worth playing, but I might dig it out and finish it after I beat BBS, I was pretty close.

HylianSwordsman said:
Hiku said:

Nice.

I'll probably go for KH:TSSF then, that sounds like it would be the easiest way. Is χ a game you've played? Is it worth playing? Coded is not worth playing, but I might dig it out and finish it after I beat BBS, I was pretty close.

Yeah, that one sounds like the best deal.
I have played X actually. If it's worth playing? Well, it's a mobile gacha game, and it plays completely different from any other KH game. It's not something I'd recommend someone to play for the story, but rather if you happen to enjoy things like collecting your favorite characters, and the gameplay mechanics of the game.

You use in-game currency to get random characters and hope you get lucky to get the ones you want. Though the characters are usually guaranteed after a certain number of tries, which makes it possible for people to play and get most of the characters they want even without spending real money on the game (which I don't).

Here's what it looks like in action.

It can be nice for killing a few minutes here and there, and there are some interesting strategies for completing some fights in the game.

That said, my interest in it has waned a lot, to the point where I now just log in for the daily log in bonus (in-game currency), and save them for when a character I'm interested in shows up. I don't really play it any more. But that could change if they add some interesting new modes.
It's free to download, so you could always give it a try and see if it's something you'd want to keep playing for a while.

The story may be worth knowing though, whether you get it from playing the game or looking at the videos featured in the PS4 game KH:TSSF. I say 'may be' because they may summarize the important bits in KH3.
Some are directly tied to the plot of KH 3, such as the box we see in one of the KH3 trailers that the villain is after:

KH X takes place (I believe) hundreds of years before KH1, and it introduces some characters that will be important for KH3's plot, I'm sure.

It also shows the origin of one of the Organisation XIII members, whom I'm still confused as to why that one has been alive for so many years. Since nothing in the other KH games suggested this particular member of the Organisation was special in any way.
One thing to note though is that KHUX's story, including the part about the Org XIII member I mentioned, still hasn't concluded. (They add more story every now and then through updates.) Which is interesting, since KH3 will be out in a few days. So I guess I'll get most of my answers about these characters in KH3 first?

Last edited by Hiku - on 21 January 2019

I don't know if we're avoiding using names but yeah can't wait for KH3 and to play as them.

I don't know how much information do you provide here, I don't know if you're trying to be careful for the sake of people who want to avoid spoilers. Really, I don't care. I'm just here ask you not do this. Youtube and many sites on the internet are already filled with spoilers and leaks. I can't literally go through my recommended without seeing something. And I don't want to come here and see "KH III, NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTER LEAK, OMG, COME HERE IT'S AWESOME".

Thank you.