By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed as a concept is the best Franchise in Existance.

I feel bad for people who learn their history from AC games though, as they would have many incorrect things on history. Might as well say you learnt history from the Percy Jackson books.

Around the Network
bigjon said:

They go to any place and any time. They are the only ones to make a AAA Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, well ancient anything game.

They have a major blight. The DLC policy around them stenketh. I am finally getting around to playing origins and I hate the fact I am tempted to spend money to get ability points. 

But back to my point. We need to recognize the AC game for what they are. They are the only AAA games ever made that target OUR history. Not some fantasy dragons and shit stuff, they dive into what real places and add some mystical stuff (much of which is lore based) in. 

Since the 1st game, assassins creed has been my favorite franchise of the HD generation, and i 100% agree. I love the amount of time they put into game content in terms of landmarks, people of interests and textual resources like in origins that give life to the world. They bring the past to life as best they can while also having a decent present day story, which i believe is setting up for an insane game down the road somehow tied into watch dogs.

I like the series, generally. But, as you kind of implied in the OP (and as others have mentioned also applies to Far Cry), from a business perspective, the idea us great. They don't have to think about story progressing through multiple sequels. They have tons of already existing stories and places to base games around. They don't have as much pressure to evolve various parts of the game, because the change in setting makes each game unique. There are lots of other, similar pros (from the dev/pub perspective) as well.

The possibilities are indeed endless and gameplay can be tweaked in many ways to stay freah (despite getting stale for time).

My only real complaint is the present day sequences. After the games that had Desmond in them, they feel unnecessary as a whole. They should just cut them out and make them all individual stories set in different times. That is really all they are now, but just have this strange disconnect with leaving the animus.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261