By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 sales surpass 91.6 million, Spiderman over 9 million

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

15-16m 2019

12-13m 2020

So you expect like ... 120-125 sales at the end of the PS4's life? Because if it did 12-13m in 2020 i'd assume it would at least do around half that the next year.

Too early to call at this point. But yeah, I guess that lifetime sales should be around 120-130m. 

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
I still stand by of my prediction of Spiderman becoming the best-selling Playstation exclusive of all time (on a single console), beating Gran Turismo 3, has a good chance of happening.

I remember when I made the prediction I got response like "lol no" or "thats way too high". Crow is going to be served.

Spiderman is probably at 11m-12m by now.
How much did Gran Turismo 3 do?

also to serve crow you ll need to necro bump that thread :p

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
So what do you guys think it will sell this year? And 2020 until the PS5 comes out?

16M 2019

12M 2020.

So close to that 92M......... so close. I cant understand spiderman selling that well though. I am shocked.

JRPGfan said:
flashfire926 said:
I still stand by of my prediction of Spiderman becoming the best-selling Playstation exclusive of all time (on a single console), beating Gran Turismo 3, has a good chance of happening.

I remember when I made the prediction I got response like "lol no" or "thats way too high". Crow is going to be served.

14.89m

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

JRPGfan said:
flashfire926 said:

Gran Turismo 3 did close to 15M on PS2, but don't forget about Uncharted 4, which probably is around 12-13M at least now too.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
JRPGfan said:

14.89m

Spiderman hasnt been out that long... maybe it has another 3m in the gas tank? It could happend.

JRPGfan said:
flashfire926 said:

also to serve crow you ll need to necro bump that thread :p

14.89 million. Actually, at first I didnt know December wasn't included. Though now I think it's pretty much guaranteed, due to December likely pushing Spiderman sales to over 11 million.

Unfortunately that wasnt a thread, I just stated the prediction in various other threads, which is gonna take an eternity to find, so a I'll spare the naysayers this time.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Bristow9091 said:
I expected the PS4 to at least hit 90m by the end of the year, and Spider-Man with the bundle I was expecting to see news of about 7-8m... yeeeaaaah, and the Spider-Man numbers are only until the end of November, so there's still a chance it could have passed 10m by the end of the year right?

Either way this is all very impressive, this year has been huge for Sony and the Spider-verse! :o

Its without a doubt past 10m by now.
The question is if its closer to 11m or 12m right now.

More than 13% of PS4 owners enjoy spiderman it seems.

As for PS4, those are stellar sales.

For next year I expect PS4 to be above 2014 numbers, but below 2015 numbers. So more than 14.3 million, but less than 17.5. Probably something around 15.5 million.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Holy mother Spiderman sold really well, it is clearly going to become the best selling playstation exclusives, 14 million is nothing when it did 9 millions in 3 months with still christmas to go and several sales.

The numbers for the holiday are a bit disappointing tho, but it was expected since they didn't have like any great deal this year. Vgchartz is overtracking it at the moment but i think we all knew that from the predictions from benji.

For the upcoming year, i don't see it perform quite as well as 2018 but not dropping too hard either. I think if it manage to sell 16 millions it would be amazing. We don't know about the big titles coming this year and Sony not showing at E3 doesn't seem like they will have much to release either. 2018 had several huge system sellers like Monster Hunter for japan and GoW and Spiderman for the rest of the world. Freaking spiderman that is going to become the best selling PS exclusive couldn't save the holiday numbers with it's bundle and made it the worst holiday for the console after 2014 and 2013. I think that it might be an indicator that if they don't drop the price, the console will not pick up like past years and there isn't as big system sellers in 2019 (as of now) compare to 2018. KH3 is really bigger than y'all make it seem and with all the re-releases and the announcement 4 years ago i'm sure people already have a ps4.

So for short my prediction is :
2019 : 14,5 to 16. (14,5 if they don't drop the price and 16 if it drops)
2020 : 8 millions (next gen will be announce and released so honestly it's expected to have less exclusives and focus on the PS4 to prepare for launch and not outshine the PS5 with great PS4 deals during the holidays etc. )

So it will, imo, make it between 110-120 lifetime, just enough to beat the Wii and the PS1 which is incredible.