By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 15 December 2018

drinkandswim said:
colafitte said:

In this case i exposed, ROTW is everything not Japan, so USA, UK, France, Germany, Asia, Africa, South America, etc.....

Countries like Argentina, Turkey or S Korea could grow 100% and still not be enough because in this case, US, UK, France are 80-90% of the sales of this particular ROTW, and if those countries growth are just 20-25%, it's impossible the rest could make the difference.

Switch is selling really good, even better than PS4, in USA, JP, most of Europe,... but somewhere around the world PS4 is making a huge difference that Switch and XBO can't match.

I expected myself 16'3M precisely is some other thread, so I expect more than that 15'7M number but selling more than 16'5M worldwide is going to be really difficult if all of this i'm saying is true.

Per Nintendo sales figures 22.86 million as of 9-30-2018.

800k October

3.2 million November

5-6 million December

total= 31.86-32.86=18.76-19.76 million for 2018.

Those Nintendo numbers are Switch lifetime shipment numbers, i'm using here VGC calendar year 2018 sales to consumers numbers. You basically are saying you expect 9-10M shipped for Q3, which by the way, i agree.

Around the Network
colafitte said:
drinkandswim said:

Per Nintendo sales figures 22.86 million as of 9-30-2018.

800k October

3.2 million November

5-6 million December

total= 31.86-32.86=18.76-19.76 million for 2018.

Those Nintendo numbers are Switch lifetime shipment numbers, i'm using here VGC calendar year 2018 sales to consumers numbers. You basically are saying you expect 9-10M shipped for Q3, which by the way, i agree.

Oh okay Nintendo site says sales so that is why I was confused.

drinkandswim said:
zorg1000 said:

You are mixing shipped and sold numbers, use one or the other.

Is VG Chartz shipped or sold?

Sold

22.86 was shipped as of Sept 30.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

drinkandswim said:
colafitte said:

Nintendo, Sony and Micr....., Nintendo and Sony in their official Quarter sales, always use the term "sold" for shipments, always.

colafitte said:
drinkandswim said:

Nintendo, Sony and Micr....., Nintendo and Sony in their official Quarter sales, always use the term "sold" for shipments, always.

Okay so when Sony says they sold 18 million for 2018 they mean shipped to stores got it! Thanks sorry wish they would just say shipped would make it a lot easier! Lol.

Around the Network
drinkandswim said:
colafitte said:

Okay so when Sony says they sold 18 million for 2018 they mean shipped to stores got it! Thanks sorry wish they would just say shipped would make it a lot easier! Lol.

..... That was not a quarterly company sales, that was just an anoucemnet from a conference called CES where Sony uses to announce some info about their products. That in that case as explained in a very detailed article that they released was SOLD TO CONSUMERS. Those 18M were units sold to consumers for all the year 2018, in almost a month Nintendo and Sony will give their official shipment sales. Those will be shipments and they will use the term SOLD, despite being shipments, because is SOLD to RETAILERS.

colafitte said:
drinkandswim said:

..... That was not a quarterly company sales, that was just an anoucemnet from a conference called CES where Sony uses to announce some info about their products. That in that case as explained in a very detailed article that they released was SOLD TO CONSUMERS. Those 18M were units sold to consumers for all the year 2018, in almost a month Nintendo and Sony will give their official shipment sales. Those will be shipments and they will use the term SOLD, despite being shipments, because is SOLD to RETAILERS.

Lol ahhhhhh thanks!

In that case on VG chartz approx 14.5 million as of Dec 15th for Switch
Week end Dec 22nd 2 million
Week end Dec 30th 800k
Total Sold 17.3 million

drinkandswim said:
colafitte said:

Lol ahhhhhh thanks!

So that's why you should expect something like 8-8'5M SOLD TO RETAILERS in Q3 for PS4 and maybe 9-10M SOLD TO CONSUMERS for Switch in Q3. Take into consideration that shipment sales use Fiscal Year for their quarters, so it goes from March to March. 

If PS4 has sold 91'6M to consumers until Dec 31 2018, we should expect around 94-95M PS4 shipped lifetime until then, and if my theory is correct and Switch sells to consumers around 16M during 2018, it means it will be around 29M sold to consumers lifetime at the end of 2018, so probably around 32M shipped for Switch at the end of 2018.

Nintendo is trying to ship almost 38M by the end of March, 20M during end of March 2018- end of March 2019 (Fiscal Year 2018).

colafitte said:
drinkandswim said:

Lol ahhhhhh thanks!

So that's why you should expect something like 8-8'5M SOLD TO RETAILERS in Q3 for PS4 and maybe 9-10M SOLD TO CONSUMERS for Switch in Q3. Take into consideration that shipment sales use Fiscal Year for their quarters, so it goes from March to March. 

If PS4 has sold 91'6M to consumers until Dec 31 2018, we should expect around 94-95M PS4 shipped lifetime until then, and if my theory is correct and Switch sells to consumers around 16M during 2018, it means it will be around 29M sold to consumers lifetime at the end of 2018, so probably around 32M shipped for Switch at the end of 2018.

Nintendo is trying to ship almost 38M by the end of March, 20M during end of March 2018- end of March 2019 (Fiscal Year 2018).

Well if they only have 32 million shipped, 38 is not happening in three more months.