By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox or Sega? (In terms of consoles)

I prefer...

Xbox 35 41.67%

Sega 49 58.33%

Total:84
Pemalite said:
Barkley said:
I've never owned a sega console, they were out of the business by the time I was 5. So Xbox. It's hard to compare the two when they didn't share generations either.

Dreamcast was the same generation as the original Xbox.

Sega announced they were leaving the console business before Xbox launched. Which was a huge bummer because their games became split between all three platforms. So Dreamcast didn't actually compete with Xbox. At best Sega put some games on Dreamcast while Xbox was on the market.

The 6th gen started in 1998 and ended around 2006. Dreamcast had the first half, Xbox took the second.

I was a big Sega fan between Genesis and Dreamcast, but at this point Sega hasn't catered to a fan like me in many years. I still play some newer Sega games, I've even really enjoyed some, but I spend significantly more time playing MS games at this point.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Pemalite said:

Dreamcast was the same generation as the original Xbox.

Sega announced they were leaving the console business before Xbox launched. Which was a huge bummer because their games became split between all three platforms. So Dreamcast didn't actually compete with Xbox. At best Sega put some games on Dreamcast while Xbox was on the market.

The 6th gen started in 1998 and ended around 2006. Dreamcast had the first half, Xbox took the second.

I was a big Sega fan between Genesis and Dreamcast, but at this point Sega hasn't catered to a fan like me in many years. I still play some newer Sega games, I've even really enjoyed some, but I spend significantly more time playing MS games at this point.

Well aware.
Still part of the same console generation though.

Last Sega game I played was Aliens vs Predator when that launched? And that was mostly because they were pushing PC technology. (Tessellation.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well aware.
Still part of the same console generation though.

Last Sega game I played was Aliens vs Predator when that launched? And that was mostly because they were pushing PC technology. (Tessellation.)

Not denying that, just pointing out Sega exited as the gen was really starting. I mean Sega was done before the biggest 6th gen games began. It also launched really early so Dreamcast felt like 5th gen in many ways. Especially when you consider some of its library is literally 5th gen ports.

Maybe Dreamcast could have sold better if they had a worldwide 1998 launch. The PS2 was too close when Dreamcast launched in the west. Stole its thunder.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)