By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PR: Nintendo Switch Best Selling week Ever (US) (8.2mil+Sold Switches LTD) [Update: 8.6mil+]

JSG87 said:
quickrick said:

Dude that was over 10 years ago and the huge differences here is this is a official LTD numbers and the number they gave was 8.2 not 8 million.

My point is that they've given out conservative info before and by a full 800K.

Doesn't mean that's what's happened this time but since its happened before its always a possibility.

And Dude, this is now and the huge differences here ate official LTD NUMBERS ARE over 8.2 million. They literally say more than 8.2 million. We Don't know how much more and they've done it before regarding my links in the above post.

last year they gave similar PR via the same source, it they gave more then 4.8 million LTD, it ended being 4.88, so it will be most likely  same scenario. 

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
quickrick said:

Yup that's what I'm gonna do, but if anyone wants to bet 2 week avatar control these will be very close to npd numbers, let me know.

We got a bet already so I'm fine, however I would like to know what you are expecting from the NPD based on this?

Roughly a million? 

850-950k

quickrick said:
JSG87 said:

My point is that they've given out conservative info before and by a full 800K.

Doesn't mean that's what's happened this time but since its happened before its always a possibility.

And Dude, this is now and the huge differences here ate official LTD NUMBERS ARE over 8.2 million. They literally say more than 8.2 million. We Don't know how much more and they've done it before regarding my links in the above post.

last year they gave similar PR via the same source, it they gave more then 4.8 million LTD, it ended being 4.88, so it will be most likely  same scenario. 

Resetera have come to the exact same conclusion and that includes MAT & Benji. I'm more inclined to belive the theory that they are missing the rest of November too. Do you honestly think that a month where Pokemon released and along With black Friday that they only sold 900K consoles? I just can't see it myself. Adding to this, that would mean they sold a pitiful amount of consoles when Pokemon released and the fact that they sold over 1 million boxed games during black Friday weekend alone, Pokemon sold over 1.5 million digital and boxed combined.

Last edited by JSG87 - on 29 November 2018

JSG87 said:
quickrick said:

Resetera have come to the exact same conclusion and that includes MAT & Benji. I'm more inclined to belive the theory that they are missing the rest of November too. Do you honestly think that a month where Pokemon released and along With black Friday that they only sold 900K consoles? I just can't see it myself. Adding to this, that would mean they sold a pitiful amount of consoles when Pokemon released and the fact that they sold over 1 million boxed games during black Friday weekend alone, Pokemon sold over 1.5 million digital and boxed combined.

mario sold over a million  in 2 days in the US, and switch hardly saw a huge boost. you do know how unlikely it is for nintendo to give a LTD with missing most of november numbers? like there is 0 reason for them to do it, not only that but its way more work more in terms of doing calculations, when nintendo has the lTD number right in front of them as they shown before. as i said before 3ds had its best year it's first year, there is no reason to think switch would end up in similar situation. 

quickrick said: 

Tell me, how much do you think that Switch sold in this 5 day period that Nintendo reported this year and how much sold in same time period last year?

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said: 

Tell me, how much do you think that Switch sold in this 5 day period that Nintendo reported this year and how much sold in same time period last year?

650k this year, last year probably 320k, it had 0 deals.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

So you think that Switch in more than rest of 3 weeks of November will sell just around 250k more?

That's seems highly unlikely, I mean we had reports from start of November than Switch is selling great and much better than in same period of last year and that Pokemon is moving consoles.

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

So you think that Switch in more than rest of 3 weeks of November will sell just around 250k more?

That's seems highly unlikely, I mean we had reports from start of November than Switch is selling great and much better than in same period of last year and that Pokemon is moving consoles.

I don't believe in benji, it seems like he uses something like the prediction tool. I mean it's kinda ridiculous that we are trusting benji over official numbers, you said nintendo numbers does weird PR numbers  aside from mario kart attach rate there is no such case in the last 10 years, unless your talking about WW LTD which nintendo says its missing data, this is not the case here.

fatslob-:O said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

This. We'll have to wait for official and homogeneous definitive numbers, because every PR department is deliberately mixing different parts of the period between the Monday before BF and CM, and chosing the most favourable comparisons to get the best spin they can. We could try and desume some things from PR words themselves, but if and only if they are correctly using the language, and this is not granted, and if they don't use any ambiguity, but alas about this we can be almost sure they do, instead.

But we do have official numbers ? (8.2M units in the US as of Nov. 26) 

Not much reason to question their internal figures in doubt when they have they most advanced methods of all which is tracking Switch systems themselves ...

I don't doubt them: they don't lie, it's just that PRs of each company carefully choose both wording and the most favourable interval within the period from the previous Monday to Cyber Monday and the best possible comparison between current numbers and their own company's previous ones or a relevant competitor's current or previous ones.
This makes comparisons more difficult for us: each year each company can choose BF week or BF weekend or the period between BF and Cyber Monday or between Thanksgiving and CM or the whole period of BF week plus CM and compare it with its own previous numbers or a competitor's current or previous ones, and they rarely make the same choice (unlike official financial reports, but those usually give quarterly results, they can add some PR spin about BF or Xmas or anything else that's positive for investors, but they must be precise on the whole quarter numbers they give, be they just revenue and profit or sales numbers too). If and only if each company gives us actual numbers for exactly the same period we can make a direct comparison. Second best situation for us is if a company won BF alone, BF weekend, the whole BF week and CM too, in that case we know the outcome whatever other PRs say.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

So Pokemon week gave the switch no boost at all. Your only giving the switch around 150k to work with for the first 2 weeks of the month.