By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGChartz Pokemon League (join now!)

Hell yeah sign me up for this if it takes flight

Last edited by ResilientFighter - on 24 November 2018

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Dulfite said:

Gotcha. Have you played it yet? I've owned practically every generation (just not Bw 1 or 2) and I'm loving how they changed things with Let's Go. I hope they never go back to wild battle encounters and stick with this catching system, as it means your pokemon still gain experience from wild encounters (via capturing) but don't get weakened from them, making you have to heal a whole lot less. It's a huge quality of life improvement in my book and actually makes catching pokemon fun to me.

I don't. I consider that most, if not all, of the changes they've done to streamline and/or help newcomers to actually dillute the experience in excess, to the point that it becomes boring to see and play. Plus the lack of any other pokemon but Gen 1, I don't want to pay full price for a game with 1/7th of the content of the previous mainline title, spinoff or not.

Why are you posting your anger here though bro? Like on another kind of post about personal opinions of the game it makes sense but this thread looks like it is for those who do like the game and own itWhy are you posting your anger here though? Like on another kind of post about personal opinions of the game it makes sense but this thread looks like it is for those who do like the game and own it.

PS: i dont mean to offend you i just feel there is too much negativity :/

ResilientFighter said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I don't. I consider that most, if not all, of the changes they've done to streamline and/or help newcomers to actually dillute the experience in excess, to the point that it becomes boring to see and play. Plus the lack of any other pokemon but Gen 1, I don't want to pay full price for a game with 1/7th of the content of the previous mainline title, spinoff or not.

Why are you posting your anger here though bro? Like on another kind of post about personal opinions of the game it makes sense but this thread looks like it is for those who do like the game and own itWhy are you posting your anger here though? Like on another kind of post about personal opinions of the game it makes sense but this thread looks like it is for those who do like the game and own it.

PS: i dont mean to offend you i just feel there is too much negativity :/

Well, he asked me if I had played the game, so I answered him and gave him my reason why I haven't. It was not my intention to come across as whinning out of context, but maybe this game gets me more angry that I care to admit if people interpret it as that.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

ResilientFighter said:

I'm glad somebody is excited about this other than me! lol if nothing else, the two of us will be the Pokemon Master and Runner Up of the League!

Ok, the setup for this is complete. I've made tweaks from the Let's Go earlier concept. I'm REALLY excited about this and hope people are into it. Random battles online isn't as fun to me, so having an actual League Champion for VGChartz seems awesome!

Around the Network
ResilientFighter said:

You up for this game?

Darwinianevolution said:
Flilix said:
I may join when the 2019 game comes out. A tournament with only gen 1 Pokémon doesn't seem very exciting.

This. It's not really fun when the metagame has pretty much regressed to 1996 (or 206 if we want to be more specific).

You up for this round?

Flilix said:
I may join when the 2019 game comes out. A tournament with only gen 1 Pokémon doesn't seem very exciting.

How about now?

I'll join, but we really need a good ruleset. According to Smogon Dynamaxing is probably broken, and Dynamax Gyrados is almost certainly broken. Just a suggestion, but maybe Dynamaxing can be temporarily banned. And obviously Legendaries should be banned

Cerebralbore101 said:
I'll join, but we really need a good ruleset. According to Smogon Dynamaxing is probably broken, and Dynamax Gyrados is almost certainly broken. Just a suggestion, but maybe Dynamaxing can be temporarily banned. And obviously Legendaries should be banned

I'm for those rules