By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now the most pre-ordered game on the Switch

As posted by Nintendo themselves on Twitter, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is currently the best pre-selling game on the Switch AND the best pre-selling SSB game to date.

Sales predictions are already high with both fans and critics alike, and this just serves as justification for those predictions. I previously predicted that Ultimate could sell around 5 million in its first month, but given this information it will likely be much higher than that. If Pokemon Lets Go could sell 3 million in 3 days and Smash Bros is looking to outpace even that, then this game could easily end up selling over 10 million units in no time at all.

Around the Network

This is due to the bundle which is afaik.a first for nintendo

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Nice! Go Smash Bros!! :D

Can't wait to see first week numbers

RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:

No, this is due to this being the normal course of time. The bundle doesn't make a difference for these metrics, SSBU would have won them anyway.

Maybe but it deffo strenghtens the natural preorders

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

mZuzek said:
kirby007 said:

This is true. If the bundle didn't exist, pre-sales numbers would likely be in the double digits.

RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:

No, this is due to this being the normal course of time. The bundle doesn't make a difference for these metrics, SSBU would have won them anyway.

I'm actually extremely curious as to how many Smash bundles made available WW. Maybe 100-200k?? 

RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:

Maybe but it deffo strenghtens the natural preorders

Of course the bundle increases the pre-sales. We have two metrics here:

1. Pre-sales of SSBU vs. previous SSB games. That's an easy win for SSBU due to the state of general pre-sales, because the digital business was much smaller in 2014 than it is in 2018.

2. Pre-sales of SSBU in comparison to other Switch games. The installed base of Switch continually grows and SSBU is not only the newest game in this comparison, it's also the biggest Switch game of the year. Add the fact that Nintendo recently added further pre-sale incentive (10% cashback for digital preorders as opposed to 5% if people buy after release date), and it's an easy and expected feat to accomplish for SSBU. The bundle increases the margin of victory for SSBU, but SSBU would have won anyway.

So your definite no was not totally correct eh

RolStoppable said:
Redundant news. About as interesting as the New Orleans Saints winning another NFL game. It's to be expected.

Or as interesting as Austria Wien winning the Österreichische Fußball-Bundesliga.

RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:

So your definite no was not totally correct eh

It was and is correct. I said 'no' to the assertion that the bundle was the decisive factor.

I never implied that

You and vgp and the mods tend to read things that arent there

RolStoppable said:
OTBWY said:

Or as interesting as Austria Wien winning the Österreichische Fußball-Bundesliga.

The Austrian league isn't interesting to begin with. Nevertheless, you would have to say Red Bull Salzburg to make sense.

You have a club listed as Red Bull. I mean, I knew Austria was some fantasy land where up is down and down is up, but this?