By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won October NPD (PS4 > NS > XBO)

Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, we can only wait and see, already at end of January we will have informations about Q3 sales and most likely one Direct with more announced 2019. games and some release dates.

Well, we need Q4 too to know if my 18M will come true..., Nintendo could pefectly overship on Q3, or..., could happen the opposite too, so let's wait until FY ends. By then we will have actual FACTS (joking...XD) with shipment numbers and we will have some clear picture of what new games will come or not in 2019. I only will accept being wrong, if i'm wrong, in March, not earlier. Until then....patience.

Around the Network

Can't wait for November results. Been having a blast reading the black Friday thread on resetera. The hype for the spiderman bundle is off the charts. Hopefully Sony offer it at $249 in December.

Kerotan said:
Can't wait for November results. Been having a blast reading the black Friday thread on resetera. The hype for the spiderman bundle is off the charts. Hopefully Sony offer it at $249 in December.

Can we expect 2M in November plus 1'5M in December for PS4???

How much PS4 sold last year with that awful Battlefront II bundle in USA??

colafitte said:
Kerotan said:

They did 1.7m last year and retailer info this year suggests 1.8m+ so 2m is possible. Yeah last year's bundles were not great. This year however we've got so many games added to the line up. GOW, Detroit, SoTC, RDR2, Spiderman, BO4 and fortnite is much much bigger and the main console for it is the PS4.

So there's definitely reason to believe 2m is possible. 1.5m in December? What did it do last year? For the reasons mentioned above I think Sony can beat December last year if they offer their holiday bundles including spiderman for $249.

well now I praying the switch does 3 million plus for the holidays. not even a day back and sheesh

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
colafitte said:

They did 1.7m last year and retailer info this year suggests 1.8m+ so 2m is possible. Yeah last year's bundles were not great. This year however we've got so many games added to the line up. GOW, Detroit, SoTC, RDR2, Spiderman, BO4 and fortnite is much much bigger and the main console for it is the PS4.

So there's definitely reason to believe 2m is possible. 1.5m in December? What did it do last year? For the reasons mentioned above I think Sony can beat December last year if they offer their holiday bundles including spiderman for $249.

Ups, I meant to ask, how much PS4 sold in December, Sorry, I already knew PS4 sold around 1'7M in November last year and that 2M it's very possible this year, but i don't know how much PS4 sold in December last year. Somebody know the numbers?

Kerotan said:
colafitte said:

Last December, the ratios were 1 for Switch, .91 for X1 and .72 for PS4. 

The rumored amount sold for the Switch was 1.4m so that 72% would be 1m.  Sony had a awesome BF deal last year but like you said had subpar games and bundles leading up to the end of the year so sales dropped hard Month to Month (November to December).  Sony announced their December deal for the Pro on  the 10th.  I suspect that this year we will see the same but it'll be a better pro offer, so it'll be easier to sell more that the 1 million it did last year.

Train wreck said:
Kerotan said:

Last December, the ratios were 1 for Switch, .91 for X1 and .72 for PS4. 

The rumored amount sold for the Switch was 1.4m so that 72% would be 1m.  Sony had a awesome BF deal last year but like you said had subpar games and bundles leading up to the end of the year so sales dropped hard Month to Month (November to December).  Sony announced their December deal for the Pro on  the 10th.  I suspect that this year we will see the same but it'll be a better pro offer, so it'll be easier to sell more that the 1 million it did last year.

Thank you. So i really expect 1'5M in December then. Good holiday season for PS4 and probably making it difficult to Switch to catch up in the end despite the launch of Smash. If PS4 ends selling 1'5M in December, it is possible that PS4 will sell more than Switch in the holiday season in USA. I'm pretty sure almost nobody expected this to happen in 2018 a year ago....

PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

if switch does 3 million for the holidays ill eat crow, and probably won't even post anymore.

So you admit Switch losing is your prime motivation for being here? lololol 

I already said my main motivation was predicting switch sales. Aside from that i don't like the double standards here that the new mods are showing. 

colafitte said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, we can only wait and see, already at end of January we will have informations about Q3 sales and most likely one Direct with more announced 2019. games and some release dates.

Well, we need Q4 too to know if my 18M will come true..., Nintendo could pefectly overship on Q3, or..., could happen the opposite too, so let's wait until FY ends. By then we will have actual FACTS (joking...XD) with shipment numbers and we will have some clear picture of what new games will come or not in 2019. I only will accept being wrong, if i'm wrong, in March, not earlier. Until then....patience.

Not really, Q4 will from worst to best situation be 3-4m, so we can say 3.5m, 500k less-down will not change much in case. At end of January we will have much more informations in case, but at end of April we will also have not just full FY results but also Nintendo goal for FY 2019.