By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Florida's Election Officials Questionable Behavior During the Recount is Harming Rick Scott

Things in Florida have gotten quite pathetic with this mid-term.  At first it seemed to be just two counties screwing with the election results, but now a third has joined the fray.  Before the recount, we had Broward County continuing to get ballots after the deadline, with the election official refusing to be transparent about the whole process, i.e. where they came from and how many were left.  And in Palm Beach County, you had an election official and her staff "fixing" ballots that were damaged or incorrectly filled out, when those are to be handled by a nonpartisan canvassing board.  Fortunately, Rick Scott filed a lawsuit that pretty much stopped this in its tracks and we now have a recount going on. 

Unfortunately, it seems that Dems are being sore losers in Florida, mucking up the recount process.  In Broward County, election officials uploaded the machine recount total two minutes after the 3 PM deadline, voiding the results back to the initial count.  This just so happened to erase a gain for Rick Scott of around 780 votes.  In Palm Beach County, they missed the deadline, partly thanks to mechanical error.  The only problem is that technicians for the machines witnessed election officials jamming papers clips in the Enter button on at least one of the scanners, which short circuited it.  And the county I mentioned joining the fray, which was Hillsborough, refused to give its numbers on time because their were fewer votes this time around.  My guess is that some were deemed invalid for the recount, so they took "a stand" for all votes to be counted.  One that just so happened to take away 150 votes from Scott.

Now, we'll have to wait and see if we have any other fishy business that goes on during the manual count.  Well, except we did have Broward County mixing some ballots meant for the Senate race in with the one for Commissioner.  Fortunately, it seems they were caught just in time.  Hopefully, that will be the last of it.  And at least for the Governor's race, Gillum has decided to concede.  For the second time.

- Source

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The source is Fox News? Aren't those the guys that Trump always accuses of running fake news?

I'm sure that would be CNN.  Still, if you don't like the source (the paper clip incident was actually taken from the NYT) you can find it elsewhere.

I’ll never understand a stance like this. I’m here in Florida and elections are always a flustercuck. But when I hear people trying to call out the other side it makes me laugh. Saw a liberal call out Martha McSally in AZ for not conceding a close race to her Democratic opponent. Then in turn laud Gillum and Abrams for not conceding their close races. Then heard Trump saw how Democrats in Florida are trying to steal the election that was in the margin for a recount but in the next breath mention that the aforementioned AZ election needs to be recounted because of how close it was.

See, what I’m saying is eveyone is full of sh!t! But also to enlighten on the Florida numbers. There were circumstances that caused thousands of votes to go uncounted so the candidates were trying to get all the votes counted before concession. Makes sense to me. After Gillum realized things were going nowhere he conceded. Even now the FL Senate votes are being counted because my state requires all Supervisors Of Elections to be at least 300 years old and the voting machines and counters to be twice that.

On Wednesday there was a deadline of 3:00 PM for all votes to be counted and one local polling place showed up 2 hours late to start the count. Another polling place hemmed and hawed about votes being thrown out because they were turned in at 3:02 instead of by the 3:00 deadline. Why? You were supposed to have your counts by November 6th. You have already been given enough time! But that’s why the Democrats here were crying. Because the people who ran the show screwed it up. This really puts a damper on things for 1st time voters here. All that time in line and their vote was probably thrown out.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Source is a Fox news link, yeah has all the credibility of a republican uncle rambling at Thanksgiving dinner. Either way recounts never hurt anybody.

Last edited by collint0101 - on 18 November 2018

Don't you have TLJ box office numbers to look up to in order to shit on it?

Oh and FentonCrackshell nailed it. Everyone is going to complain about close results regardless of political party, at least the AZ Republicans took the high road instead of succumbing to the Republicans at the White House telling them to scream voter fraud. Democrats in Florida have been screwed in the past (see 2000 election) so I can see why they want every single vote to be counted.

Don't forget that Trump was a sore winner who won the election but still claimed that millions voted illegally.

User Warned For This Post ~ PwerlvlAmy

Last edited by PwerlvlAmy - on 18 November 2018

Around the Network

I think the Republicans losing the house was handled pretty well.

FentonCrackshell said:

I’ll never understand a stance like this. I’m here in Florida and elections are always a flustercuck. But when I hear people trying to call out the other side it makes me laugh. Saw a liberal call out Martha McSally in AZ for not conceding a close race to her Democratic opponent. Then in turn laud Gillum and Abrams for not conceding their close races. Then heard Trump saw how Democrats in Florida are trying to steal the election that was in the margin for a recount but in the next breath mention that the aforementioned AZ election needs to be recounted because of how close it was.

See, what I’m saying is eveyone is full of sh!t! But also to enlighten on the Florida numbers. There were circumstances that caused thousands of votes to go uncounted so the candidates were trying to get all the votes counted before concession. Makes sense to me. After Gillum realized things were going nowhere he conceded. Even now the FL Senate votes are being counted because my state requires all Supervisors Of Elections to be at least 300 years old and the voting machines and counters to be twice that.

On Wednesday there was a deadline of 3:00 PM for all votes to be counted and one local polling place showed up 2 hours late to start the count. Another polling place hemmed and hawed about votes being thrown out because they were turned in at 3:02 instead of by the 3:00 deadline. Why? You were supposed to have your counts by November 6th. You have already been given enough time! But that’s why the Democrats here were crying. Because the people who ran the show screwed it up. This really puts a damper on things for 1st time voters here. All that time in line and their vote was probably thrown out.

There's a big difference between hypocrisy, your first example, and being able to acknowledge all the fishy crap going on.  In Arizona, there was a deadline for "fixing" ballots that were incorrectly filled out or the signature didn't match.  They continued to fix them well past the deadline.  Reps filed a lawsuit to stop it.  Unfortunately, Reps came up with an agreement to allow all counties to continue fixing the ballots for another week, foolishly thinking it would help McSally, something I kept hearing from different sources.  It didn't.  But, that's on them.  No point in focusing on it too much. 

In Georgia, you had a big sore loser in Abrams.  She wouldn't except that she lost, so kept desperately looking for votes from anywhere in a vain attempt to get Kemp under 50%.  Even going so far as to take a lawsuit to a favorable judge to get ballots that were deemed invalid to be counted.  And even when that wasn't enough, she still wouldn't concede, instead blaming incompetence for her loss, which I have not heard any credible claims of.  So, Georgia is just saying they are moving on and Kemp won, with or without her concession.

And the OP pretty clearly lays out the shady dealings in Florida.

adidas198 said:
Don't you have TLJ box office numbers to look up to in order to shit on it?

Oh and FentonCrackshell nailed it. Everyone is going to complain about close results regardless of political party, at least the AZ Republicans took the high road instead of succumbing to the Republicans at the White House telling them to scream voter fraud. Democrats in Florida have been screwed in the past (see 2000 election) so I can see why they want every single vote to be counted.

Don't forget that Trump was a sore winner who won the election but still claimed that millions voted illegally.

Aww, how very petty of you.  It's actually quite adorable.

And the Dems didn't get screwed.  The election got called too early and they ended up losing in the end.  And with recount after recount, Gore lost all of them.  I definitely think it's time to get over it.  But, I guess it's hard for you to move on, considering you're still talking about TLJ.

User Warned For This Post ~ PwerlvlAmy

Last edited by PwerlvlAmy - on 18 November 2018

And rational people see both parties do the same things when they lose and chuckle at the "but the other side is WAY WORSE" bullshit.

cycycychris said:
thismeintiel said:

There's a big difference between hypocrisy, your first example, and being able to acknowledge all the fishy crap going on.  In Arizona, there was a deadline for "fixing" ballots that were incorrectly filled out or the signature didn't match.  They continued to fix them well past the deadline.  Reps filed a lawsuit to stop it.  Unfortunately, Reps came up with an agreement to allow all counties to continue fixing the ballots for another week, foolishly thinking it would help McSally, something I kept hearing from different sources.  It didn't.  But, that's on them.  No point in focusing on it too much. 

In Georgia, you had a big sore loser in Abrams.  She wouldn't except that she lost, so kept desperately looking for votes from anywhere in a vain attempt to get Kemp under 50%.  Even going so far as to take a lawsuit to a favorable judge to get ballots that were deemed invalid to be counted.  And even when that wasn't enough, she still wouldn't concede, instead blaming incompetence for her loss, which I have not heard any credible claims of.  So, Georgia is just saying they are moving on and Kemp won, with or without her concession.

And the OP pretty clearly lays out the shady dealings in Florida.

As I explained to you before, in Arizona, fixing the ballot is decided by the individual counties not the the state. There is no universal election day cut off for it. 2 Democrat leaning counties have laws that allowed them to verify signatures up to 5 days after polls close. Its unfortunate that other counties did not have the same rules, but that there fault. Republicans filed a lawsuit out of desperation. They settled the case because they were gonna lose in court. Democrats were nice enough to let all those republican counties to fix those votes, even though they didn't have to. Again, like I told you before, it was reported that we are only talking about a few thousand votes.... Mcsally lost by like 35k..... Literally made no difference. It would be nice if you'd stop spreading false narrative on this.

Abram conceded yesterday, again stops spreading fake news

Lol, you call that a concession?  Sure, she admitted she can't win, but not because she simply lost the election.  Nope, it was all about voter fraud and suppression.  Sorry, but no, that is not an actual concession.  She even said, and I quote, "this is not a speech of concession." And she intends to file another lawsuit. So, how about you stop with the fake news?