By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - With Sony out of E3 2019, are you ready to admit E3 is not the climax of gaming news it used to be?

Well obviously with Nintendo and Sony no longer holding big conferences it's a lot less relevant. But Sony will be back probably in 2020 to promote the ps5. Personally i think 1 event per year is enough except for early in the gen. So E3 this year and PSX next year is absolutely fine. Then 2020 they can do both.

And it won't help MS close any gaps. It never did when Sony pulled out of the other conferences and it won't here either.

Around the Network

I can't understand that why do many people hate Gamescom .

I think Sony only pulled out of E3 this year because they won't have much new to announce for the PS4. E3 isn't cheap and requires a lot of planning. Sony probably determined that the costs outweighed the benefits this year and decided it was better to not go. We've probably already seen every major PS4 exclusive to release this generation. Days Gone should be out before E3 2019, which would only leave The Last of Us Part II, Death Stranding, and Ghost of Tsushima. We've also seen a decent amount of footage from each of those games and all that's left is to announce release dates. With God of War, Spider-Man, and Days Gone all having their release dates all announced on the Playstation Blog, they'll probably do the same for the remaining three exclusives.

I expect they'll be back at E3 in 2020 once the PS5 has been officially revealed at PSX 2019.

Hell no. E3 is still very big. Gets bigger every year. Sony dipping on one year doesn't mean anything.

Why do almost everyone assume that Sony left E3 completely. It's just one year and the reason for them not attending is definitely not E3 getting less relevant.

Around the Network

I'm conflicted about this. The main reason I watch E3 stuff is because of Sony so next year's will be almost completely irrelevant to me. Still, watching bombastic high quality trailers of games I most likely will never play is kind of an entertaining tradition every year.

I hope Sony comes back for 2020 and that they make their own event with cool stuff to show on 2019.

Well, now it isn't anymore.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

No, because the industry is much bigger than Sony

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

BraLoD said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
i think its an opportunity for MS to blow the lid off the place.

loved the presentation by MS this year, disappointed hugely by sony. and still being disappointed. Thanks poor mans austin powers layden. i like shu much more.

granted they have some big first party titles coming out this upcoming year but it seems they have moved on to gearing up for ps5 a bit too early, which makes me think what about BC with ps4 for ps5?... getting that vita feeling of abandonment as a ps4 owner.

Seriously? You are having Vita feelings of abandonment as a PS4 onwer?

Vita was abandonned after a bit more than 1 year, while PS4 already have top of the industry exclusives by Sony to hit as far as 2020, the year the system will be getting to be 7 years old...

Yeah...

It's obvious bias talking there. If it wasn't, he'd be bashing MS, not Sony, as they have slowed their big exclusive releases to a trickle for the past two or three years. That's abandonment. But, also MS's MO for the past 3 gens.

And I also agree with your previous post. This is all about having their own events to reveal the PS5, giving it all the focus of the gaming media, as opposed to being part of a flood of info coming out of E3. 

E3 is dawning a lot of controversy, if that is the right word for it, regarding its future. on one hand, E3 2018 had one of the biggest crowds that they had in years, but the idea of E3 is becoming a bit obsolete. Sony is already spoken for. Nintendo could easily just do their own thing and have a huge Direct in the middle of summer followed by Treehouse, etc, without the restraints and costs of E3. and Microsoft is in a position to do whatever they want, pretty much whenever.