By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Super Stardust HD Add-on!

I did not expect new content with the store update, but unless I missed this before there's a new Super Stardust add-on for only $5! I've only played a little because I was having network problems and didn't want to not be able to post a high score...so here I am instead. There seem to be some new enemies and some object that when destroyed wipes out the entire planet (like a mega bomb). The survival mode is pretty crazy and (right now) a nice short experience. The bomb-only mode is weird...you don't even get a boost...but I like it! I think the highlight is the Endless Mode that cuts out all the bull crap of the different levels and starts you out with decent weapons as it throws random endless waves at you. I guess it plays more like the original Geometry Wars in that respect, but it seems fresh because the weapons upgrade quickly and the new enemies/obstacles/objects change things up. I wonder if the new stuff is added to the default mode. I sort of hope it isn't so it doesn't change the dynamics of the scoring there. I never went back to see how well I could do in that mode. There's also a Time Attack mode for each level. That could be fun. Well, my connection to the PSN seems more stable so I'm going to go play some more...

Around the Network

Does this include the split-screen 2 player mode?

Either way, sounds like a great add-on. My net connection can be rubbish at times, so many high scores lost because it suddenly signs me out and then won't sing back in.

Hmm, pie.

Super Stardust is so addictive.

I managed to get into the 2000's with my friend on the co-op mode. But we plan on getting into the top 100. (It's gonna take so damn long).

I'll be definetly picking this up.

Just played a bit of the "Endless" mode.

and i have to say that mode alone is worth the price ... its extremly fun, fast and with heaps of new enemies / content its also preety unique..

Havent played Bomb-Mode / Time-attack / Survival mode ...

BTW: my highscore is 12million on Endless so far ... hope to get that up to 30 - 50 million within a few days time :P

I think the graphics got a touch up as well, but that could be my new TV since I played last...

I'm #6 on survival right now, or at least I was the last I checked...I'm sure that's changed by now.

Super Stardust remains the best PSN game, imo, with Pixeljunk Monsters and Calling All Cars coming right after.

Around the Network

Ugh...I was seconds away from improving my time and I see this message "You have been signed out of..."

There is seriously a problem with SSD, at least. I know one of the firmware updates recently was supposed to improve network stablility in certain online games, but clearly this new add-on was not included in that. I'm scared to even try a normal game again because those can last a long time.