By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm wanting to get into Warframe, but what platform?!

Do you play Warframe?

Yes - PS4 6 23.08%

Yes - PC 7 26.92%

Yes - XBO 1 3.85%

No, but I'll be getting it on Switch. 10 38.46%

No. 2 7.69%

Total:26

I played earlier on with PS4, but the game was still quite rough around the edges and a work in progress. It was fun, especially the movement and combat, but it was just way too much grind for me, and I played a lot more Destiny early on around that time. I've read it's come a long long way and has been upgraded in all the right ways, but I've never gotten back into it. Apparently it still is pretty grindy, so if that's a big thing for you, it should float your boat. I'm pretty sure it also mentioned the game has gotten pretty big in the Eastern part of the world. Other than bugs, PC would probably be the best experience, just a guess, but not sure how you could go wrong on either for free at this point.

Around the Network

I picked PS4, I've had it downloaded onto my hard drive for some time. If you plan on playing it, we can newbie it together 😂

I played some of it when I got my PS4 for Christmas of 2013 since there was basically nothing to play on the PS4 at the time, but really gonna get into it when releases on Switch next week.

I played a fair amount but more of a time filler than anything. F2P is F2P for me, I don't spend money on the game. There is a lot of stuff in it that I don't understand, I don't understand how to make new frames for example, I have parts but never get the items I need to make certain parts so never get an entire new Warframe. Only new one I've got is from my free in game currency that was given to me and 50% off token. Also, never had anyone to play with so most mission were done with randoms.

Hmm, pie.

The game is very active on PS4 and it's now a very polished game on consoles. The game targets 60fps and is doing a good job at that on Pro. It runs now at 60fps most of the time. They have constantly improved the performance since launch and even have a dynamic resolution to stabilize framerate when there are tons of players / enemies and effects on screen and that happens often. I really don't know how they are going to make it run properly on Switch honestly because it can be a heavy demanding game with hundred of effects on screen simultaneously. So much that it's often confusing.

Around the Network

If having the choice of both platforms you still prefer ps4 then go for ps4, the only impactful differences are that you're behind on updates (like 2 weeks) and the market is slower/smaller, for the most part it is the same experience

PC cause better framerates and bigger playerbase.

Switch is the best option due to flexibility TBH. It won't be as pretty, but it will still look good. Something about playing a game like that at home or on the go seamlessly is a huge draw for me.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
Switch is the best option due to flexibility TBH. It won't be as pretty, but it will still look good. Something about playing a game like that at home or on the go seamlessly is a huge draw for me.

I'm not sure it'll have many players on the Switch at all though, game doesn't support crossplay or moving accounts between systems. It doesn't seem like a game that'll be very big on the Switch. I wouldn't say playerbase is a big issue unless you're getting really hardcore into a game and it's community, but who knows how low the Switch's playerbase will be for this game. Hopefully it'll get crossplatform support at some point and then this wouldn't be an issue.

Aparently Panic button reviewing code, to try and get it running its best on the switch brought with it alot of optimisations that boost performance all around, even for say PC or PS4. So its gonna be running better than ever, thanks to panic button going hard on trying to optimising the game code.