By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Tentative Online Nintendo Switch Community

 

Would you like to be involved in an Online Nintendo Switch Community?

Yes 12 63.16%
 
No 3 15.79%
 
I hate Nintendo Switch Online...so...no 2 10.53%
 
This sounds like a brilli... 2 10.53%
 
Total:19

I was wondering, with the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, that we could set up an online community for players on the site to join. I would also be interested in including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2. 

But first I'd like to see how much interest there is for this from enough users on the site. If I get a lot of interest, I'll definitely set it up, along with a Discord server. 

Last edited by Rainbow Yoshi - on 13 November 2018

Around the Network

I'm always down for Mario kart tournaments



     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Nice idea.
I don´t have many games right now.. .the ones I have to support online are Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Overcooked 2, Fortnite, Heroes of Valor, PuyoPuyo Tetris ( I think...)



Well, you mean something like the fabulous Miiverse?



http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=230126&page=380 Just learnt that this thread exists, now I could still create this, as I'm not sure they are very many active tournaments. But I'll ask in the thread, first.



Around the Network
cycycychris said:
I'm always down for Mario kart tournaments

Fuck yeah! I'm getting better and better and I'd love to match with some VGChartz 

Rainbow Yoshi said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=230126&page=380 Just learnt that this thread exists, now I could still create this, as I'm not sure they are very many active tournaments. But I'll ask in the thread, first.

It should be fine I think? Since I've started being active in there I haven't seen a single tournament.



There is a Splatoon Discord but it's a little obscure since most of its members pretty much left VGC so no one comes here to share it in the first place

But if you wanna set up tournaments on VGC and all, I guess the NintenDominion thread is probably the best place to do it, as long as it is something you can host on the thread yourself, which I'm not sure will be the case. In any case, it can only be a good thing to have this kind of thing around, VGC is in dire need of some activity. People are leaving because they get bored of how stale the community's gotten, and with fewer people it only tends to get ever more stale around here, so it's nice to see someone trying to get things going because it's gonna start turning things around.

Personally, I think I'd be down. Mario Kart 8 would probably be a fun time since it's a more casual game where loads of people can play together with ease, so that would be cool. Splatoon 2 is a tougher one to host organized tournaments for, but I guess I'd enter occasionally if it worked. And Smash Ultimate is Smash Ultimate, of course, it's gonna be a great time always.



mZuzek said:
There is a Splatoon Discord but it's a little obscure since most of its members pretty much left VGC so no one comes here to share it in the first place

But if you wanna set up tournaments on VGC and all, I guess the NintenDominion thread is probably the best place to do it, as long as it is something you can host on the thread yourself, which I'm not sure will be the case. In any case, it can only be a good thing to have this kind of thing around, VGC is in dire need of some activity. People are leaving because they get bored of how stale the community's gotten, and with fewer people it only tends to get ever more stale around here, so it's nice to see someone trying to get things going because it's gonna start turning things around.

Personally, I think I'd be down. Mario Kart 8 would probably be a fun time since it's a more casual game where loads of people can play together with ease, so that would be cool. Splatoon 2 is a tougher one to host organized tournaments for, but I guess I'd enter occasionally if it worked. And Smash Ultimate is Smash Ultimate, of course, it's gonna be a great time always.

Looks like it's settled then, I'll set the thread up this week. I don't have Splatoon 2 yet, anyway, so perhaps Smash Ultimate and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are enough for the thread at the moment. 



Also, if anyone has Wimmfi and CTGP; I'm going to be downloading them soon, so we can do Mario Kart Wii races, as well!



Rainbow Yoshi said:

Also, if anyone has Wimmfi and CTGP; I'm going to be downloading them soon, so we can do Mario Kart Wii races, as well!

Why would anyone ever want to play Mario Kart Wii again?