Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros Ultimate DLC fighters have just now been decided

Dont get me w

Mar1217 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Sales wise, it really isn't. 

Sure, it ain't a juggernaut, but sales have always been good, especially in Japan. Star Allies is already the 4th best selling in the franchise without even reaching it's 1st year.

flashfire926 said:

Even in quality wise it isn't.

I disagree, Kirby has always been one of the most consistent franchise in terms of quality, I don't mean being incredible or wowing in any sense. It's just good and fun and it has always stayed that way.

But I expect no less from a person who doesn't want Bandana Dee in Smash :P

Dont get me wrong, I dont hate kirby..

Infact, I liked the last few kirbys (epic yarn and robobot). But top 3? I dont know about that, its a very high bar...

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Sales wise, it really isn't. 

Sure, it ain't a juggernaut, but sales have always been good, especially in Japan. Star Allies is already the 4th best selling in the franchise without even reaching it's 1st year.

Even in Japan i'm pretty sure it's not even like top 5 Nintendo, although I have heard that he's almost as iconic as Mario there, though I think that has more to do with merchandising, which Japan seems to be really obsessed with compared to in the States.

Too worthless to live, too scared to die. 

Mar1217 said:

Even in Japan i'm pretty sure it's not even like top 5 Nintendo, although I have heard that he's almost as iconic as Mario there, though I think that has more to do with merchandising, which Japan seems to be really obsessed with compared to in the States.

That's pretty much it. Kirby's games don't sell anywhere near as well, but there's heaps of Kirby merchandise (notebooks, toys, waterbottles etc.); he fits the kawaii aesthetic and is marketable. 

I want bomberman as well fully playable the fact he isn't is depressing