By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When Will Switch Reach 30 Million?

When will Switch reach 30 million units sold?

December 2018 22 53.66%

January 2019 3 7.32%

February 2019 3 7.32%

March 2019 4 9.76%

April 2019 1 2.44%

May 2019 3 7.32%

June-July 2019 2 4.88%

August-September 2019 0 0%

October-November 2019 0 0%

December 2019 3 7.32%

Total:41

By the end of the year, if it doesn't reach 30m before January 1st that means it's done less than 17m for 2018, which would be dissapointing and less than I predicted. It's going to need a strong holiday.

Around the Network

Probably by the end of the year or January

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well at first I thought before the end of the year sounded crazy but then I remembered that Nintendo always has crazy good holidays. Not only that, but if Switch just sells 600/650k in October, it will already be at 23.5M, which is only 6.5M away from 30M. Now that I think about it, I actually wouldn't be too surprised if they ended up shipping that as early as mid December. I mean ... aren't they still shooting for 20M? And what it's at now is about 5M? We could see anywhere from 8-10M shipped this holiday.

this will be interesting, smash is on the way and holidays around the corner too, but i didn't see it happen this year, i would say that by the end of march 2019 it should be possible

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Well at first I thought before the end of the year sounded crazy but then I remembered that Nintendo always has crazy good holidays. Not only that, but if Switch just sells 600/650k in October, it will already be at 23.5M, which is only 6.5M away from 30M. Now that I think about it, I actually wouldn't be too surprised if they ended up shipping that as early as mid December. I mean ... aren't they still shooting for 20M? And what it's at now is about 5M? We could see anywhere from 8-10M shipped this holiday.

Shipped should almost certainly pass it, they'd only need to ship 7.14m in the holiday quarter to pass 30m, which if they shipped that they'd only be on track for about a 15.5m FY, well below their forecast. If they want any hope of shipping 20m they need a 10.5m+ Q3.  

Pretty sure thread is about sell-through though. Which means they're going to have to sell-through about 8m in November+December. Compared to last year where they sold about 6m. Not an easy feat.

Around the Network

By January 2019 it should be over 30m.

Barkley said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Shipped should almost certainly pass it, they'd only need to ship 7.14m in the holiday quarter to pass 30m, which if they shipped that they'd only be on track for about a 15.5m FY, well below their forecast. If they want any hope of shipping 20m they need a 10.5m+ Q3.  

Pretty sure thread is about sell-through though. Which means they're going to have to sell-through about 8m in November+December. Compared to last year where they sold about 6m. Not an easy feat.

Ok than sell through probably late jan or early feb. I assumed it was shipped because those are the official numbers.

Shipped, December '18. Sell through, late January '19.

Possibly the end of the year either it should hit the mark this fiscal year.

I think that Nintendo will advertise Switch realy big in this hollidays (especialy Labo, Pokemon Let's Go and Smash). Also we will see some promotional bundles for black friday. So end of the year is preaty realistic.