By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think of RDR2 so far? (for those who are playing it)

Baddman said:
OTBWY said:
How in the hell do I get perfect pelts.

When hunting show info on the animals and it will show their pelt quality as stars.  If its 3 stars, it has a perfect pelt. Then you need to be careful and kill it instantly with a headshot from an arrow or the varmint gun.

I never seems to get 3 stars. And also, wheres are the Bison?

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Baddman said:

When hunting show info on the animals and it will show their pelt quality as stars.  If its 3 stars, it has a perfect pelt. Then you need to be careful and kill it instantly with a headshot from an arrow or the varmint gun.

Check one of my last posts in this thread it is usefull, the bisons are not far from the first camp and it is also a sidequest to hunt them early in the game.

konnichiwa said:
OTBWY said:

Check one of my last posts in this thread it is usefull, the bisons are not far from the first camp and it is also a sidequest to hunt them early in the game.

I had the quest but tried to find them afterwards (the map indicates a place with a Bison drawing) and couldn't find them. It's frustrating because I need a perfect Bison pelt for my bear clothing set.

OTBWY said:
konnichiwa said:

I had the quest but tried to find them afterwards (the map indicates a place with a Bison drawing) and couldn't find them. It's frustrating because I need a perfect Bison pelt for my bear clothing set.

I see, I have to get the pelt aswell, I find them occassionaly.  

You should try these locations: https://i.imgur.com/wD2SHke.jpg

konnichiwa said:
OTBWY said:

I see, I have to get the pelt aswell, I find them occassionaly.  

You should try these locations: https://i.imgur.com/wD2SHke.jpg

Ah that map is actually pretty helpful. Thanks!

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Baddman said:

To get a perfect pelt, first, you need to study your prey, once studied, beside its name it'll show the quality of the prey, while looking at the prey, press R1 or RB to show info so that it will show what type of weapon and ammo to use to kill it with one shot preferably on the head or if you have a more leveled up dead eye, any highligted weakness it shows, I suggest you use a binocular from far away to study it, and don't forget to kill it with one shot otherwise the quality will degrade.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Sunstrider said:
OTBWY said:

To get a perfect pelt, first, you need to study your prey, once studied, beside its name it'll show the quality of the prey, while looking at the prey, press R1 or RB to show info so that it will show what type of weapon and ammo to use to kill it with one shot preferably on the head or if you have a more leveled up dead eye, any highligted weakness it shows, I suggest you use a binocular from far away to study it, and don't forget to kill it with one shot otherwise the quality will degrade.

Thanks. I just recently got into hunting. However, I felt like I was missing something. I do have a wide range of weapons which I think covers all kinds of game. So I might get right to it.

John2290 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I know, lol! I actually "finished" the game like ... 4 hours ago, but I was writing that comment and didn't get to post it. The ending is so bitter sweet and I kind of predicted what happened in the epilogue.

Also, gotta say, I agree with you about the reloading chapters thing. Now that I think about it ... would be EXCELLENT use of the journal, where Arthur writes down stuff about the chapters. 

This makes me want to go back and finally finish RDR1, I was like ... 10/11 when I played it, and even though I must have dumped like 40 hours into the campaign, I always got bored halfway through.

I'd wait on that a bit, I have a hunch there is one hell of a remaster coming our way. I get ya though, RDR was ver samey all the way through and relied on ambience and story, not sure how it would stack up after this without a remaster of the scale I suspect and hope is coming. Here's hoping they listen for critique too, through the praise and give us some fixes and patches that go that extra step.I'd be replaying the story right now if there was a world state loader or generater/chapter just to hang around camp and do companion stuff, individual missions just don't cut it in this game. I really wish I'd had known about the manual saves sooner than chapter 5 and I'd have saved everytime the weather changed, Alas, hunting and trophies will have to do til the online comes. 

...Damn it, why wouldn't they think it might be a good idea to prompt a manual save before setting up a new camp. Such a misstep. 

What makes you think that they will remaster RDR1? They already put half of RDR1 map to this game. Why would they do that if they are going to make a remaster? The way I see it is that they did it for fan-service (there won't be a remaster, but you get this instead) and because they wanted RDR2 to have that iconic western environment.

I hope that it has the same empty and barren feel to it as in RDR1. Just riding with your horse and listening to the great score was awesome.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

I haven't finished it but it's still easily the best game I have ever played. This is by far the most immersive game that I know, and the map and the weather system are incredible. Writing and characters are also Rockstar's best and even better than Naughty Dog's. The amount of great dialogue is massive.

Even if this game would have no story/missions at all, it would still probably be in my top 5 just for the hunting alone. It's the main reason why my progress with the story has been so slow. It works as a proper hunting simulator. The animals behave so realistically and there are so many of them. It makes you feel bad if you don't kill them fast/with the first shot. Also, getting mauled by a bear instantly reminded me of the movie Revenant. Makes your heart pump.

Last edited by WhatATimeToBeAlive - on 06 November 2018

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Sunstrider said:
OTBWY said:

I never get the option to study my prey, I guess I'm out of range with my long scope sniper rifle. When I get closer they usually spook. Yet I don't use cover scent or pay attention to the wind, clear shot from far away usually does the trick.

The glitches never end. I was hunting again and somehow I had lost all my ammo for the Varmint rifle, 0. I had bought the max amount, shot it 3 times and empty grrr. Then I almost lost my perfect boar pelt in a wolf attack. My horse uselessly threw me off again with no useful weapons to use so I went beserk on them and punched them all out one by one. Bring it own you crap wolves, fist fight to the death, works much better than a revolver. Pelt saved.

The crap AI never seizes to amaze as well. At the end of a mission I had to flee the police in the harbor. So I try to hide under a dock. Nope, AI can see through everything. After a mad dash I jumped in a row boat and casually rowed off. They had no answer to that... I have no clue why they were after me in the first place, just got a $10 bounty at the end of the mission to get me to clear out I guess.

Ok, back to the gun smith to rebuy ammo for the varmint gun. So far only 1 poor rabbit pelt. Either an arrow doesn't work or it was just a crap rabbit. My horse has trampled a dozen over the course of the game yet that doesn't yield any good pelts either :)