By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ps4 multitasking being a pain in the ass

SvennoJ said:
My ps4 pro seems to run a lot better now with multi tasking, after rebuilding the library. It did mix up the order of my games and throw some things back out of folders. Yet double tap from game to web page and back is instant again and the quick menu also appears quick instead of taking forever.

To rebuild the library (if things feel slow)
- Hold the power button when turning the console on until you hear a second beep. (Turn it all the way off first, not standby)
- Then choose rebuild library from the safe menu that comes up.
It took 10 minutes on my pro in total.

I do heavily take and edit game play videos, have tons of conversations open and browse the web while things are loading or waiting for a race to start. I guess the directory structure gets fragmented over time.

I had no idea this was a common thing, thanks, I'll give this a go later. I hate how stupid my PS4 has been recently and presumed it was my PS4 just being old.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

OS of PS4 is a slug for me. Thanks I rarely do anything out of gaming, but when It's needed it sucks. Will try rebuilding the library.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BO4 might be the culprit. I have never had any problem with my PS4Pro, but when I run BO4 in the background it becomes a chore to do anything else (particularly when playing in split screen). Maybe it has something with how the game is coded? It made me rebuild my database once too, so now I just will not multitask while playing BO4. All other games seem to be fine on my end.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
BO4 might be the culprit. I have never had any problem with my PS4Pro, but when I run BO4 in the background it becomes a chore to do anything else (particularly when playing in split screen). Maybe it has something with how the game is coded? It made me rebuild my database once too, so now I just will not multitask while playing BO4. All other games seem to be fine on my end.

I think I read an article from DF a while ago where it says that Sony allows games to claim an extra 500 GB memory from the OS when needed. The could explain why it gets sluggish with some games and not others.

The mysteries of ps4. When I play GT Sport the fan goes up to jet engine level while in the pre race lobby (after loading everything). When the race starts and actual stuff happens on screen the fan quietens down again.