By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 Sucks.

pokoko said:
Madword said:

May not make sense to you but it did to me.

Many people complained about the settlement stuff to be fair, so lets not just brush it under the carpet of I don't know what Im talking about. People didn't think 4 was as good as 3, I wasn't the only one in this thread and in the world that thought this.

Doesn't matter to me which one you liked the most, I'm talking about what you said making little sense.  How can it have gotten away from exploration when it had more to explore than the other two games combined?  Why is settlement building so bad when you don't even have to do it?  The people who don't like it can simply skip it.  Meanwhile, many people love settlement building and have done some incredible things with it.  It's not "rubbish" just because you didn't like a feature that you can mostly ignore in the first place.

I don't care if you didn't like it, I'm just responding to the things you said which made no sense.

Basically I didnt think the exploration was as good as 3... and base building was poor... if that doesn't make sense then I'm not sure how I can explain it...

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

I know a number of people that enjoy the series, and that's great for them, but its just not for me.

I played the whole 4 hours on my Xbox One X and oh my... I just love it. This is probably going to be where I'll spend 90% of my gaming time for the next 3 months.
I am a huge fan of Fallout 76 and at first I was disapointed by the "multiplayer" aspect but finally, after playing it. It is Fallout.. 100% Fallout. The multiplayer aspect is just a plus and the game was really fun. Cannot wait for the next beta time.

Imaginedvl said:
I played the whole 4 hours on my Xbox One X and oh my... I just love it. This is probably going to be where I'll spend 90% of my gaming time for the next 3 months.
I am a huge fan of Fallout 76 and at first I was disapointed by the "multiplayer" aspect but finally, after playing it. It is Fallout.. 100% Fallout. The multiplayer aspect is just a plus and the game was really fun. Cannot wait for the next beta time.

It's not bothersome at all to have people running around?  Is there much potential for people to ruin what you're doing or to screw with you?  From watching video, that's the only thing that looks like a potential negative to me.  Even when I played MMOs, I went solo outside of raid instances.  I don't mind if playing solo is harder.

Otherwise it looks great and the world seems interesting.

pokoko said:
Imaginedvl said:

It's not bothersome at all to have people running around?  Is there much potential for people to ruin what you're doing or to screw with you?  From watching video, that's the only thing that looks like a potential negative to me.  Even when I played MMOs, I went solo outside of raid instances.  I don't mind if playing solo is harder.

Otherwise it looks great and the world seems interesting.

Well, you have a good point and to be honest when I came out of the vault (where you start), it is a bit... weird... All those 'idiots' running, puching themselves, with their party hat. But after the first hour or so, you just see less and less players. And meeting them is actually fun :)

I had multiple instances of PVP too.. I love PVP in general and competition but I am one of those, who do not want their Fallout experience ruined by this. At the end it was okay, and actually some fun happened several times. 

Like one time I was in the airport (don't remember the name of the town) and another dude was there with me (again, outside of the "starting" area, it is not like you see people running all around). So this dude, started to hit me over and over to make me hit him back and flag the PVP move between the 2 of us. At first at was not interrested and frankly you can just ignore them and keep going but at some point, I thought, 'meh why not' and I got a nice shotgun from a Airdrop supply like 20 minutes ago. So before to hit him back, I equiped it, and then completly destroyed him in like 2 seconds. So at the end the experience was fun I would say, as you completly have the choice to engage or not.

As for the multiplayer aspect of it, I believe it is not so bad and feel actually good to run into other players here and there. Not to mention; my kids will just love to play with me :)

But during my whole 4 hours, I played solo, and did not feel like the game needed me to group at all, which is a plus imo. (like you, I love MMO but like to spend 99% of my time solo)

Around the Network
Madword said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Exactly how i feel, 3 is my favorite. New Vegas second. and 4 was meh, for me. I'm willing to give 76 a fair shot though. The less people that i have to run into the better. I'll avoid them as much as possible, as i did in the first Destiny game.

Me too.

3 Was fantastic, would lap up a remaster of that.

New Vegas I found harder to get into.

Fallout 4, that settlement stuff was just rubbish busy work and totally moved away from what's great about Fallout which is exploration. If they'd made the settlement stuff easier and less like Minecraft I think the game would have been much better for it.

Just not interested in 76, not a fan of MP games.

Destiny was the last MP game that i played. Before that, it was Burnout Paradise, last gen on the PS3. I usually get bored quickly with MP, but i love the Fallout universe, so i feel that i have to give it a shot. Plus, that Power Armor edition was just too badass to miss out on, imo.