Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 rumors so far

What stands out the most to you?

Improved VR, Motion Playe... 5 17.24%

Backwards Compatability w... 19 65.52%

125 GB Discs = able to co... 5 17.24%

Total:29
twintail said:
Bristow9091 said:
For me the thing that stands out the most in terms of rumours is the backwards compatability... since I'll still have tons of PS4 games to play by the time the PS5 comes out, I'd love to be able to play them all on one console. Could I just keep my PS4 plugged in? Sure I could, but it'd just be taking up extra space and I think it'd be nice to have everything in one place.

PS4 on PS5 will happen.

Sony aren't going to throw away all the current money spending PSN users when PSN is so fundamental to the profit margins of the PS division, which itself is pretty healthy in relation to other avenues within Sony. This is doubly so with MS gearing up and making the Xbox brand far more attractive for consumers.

Yeah that's a good point... although you know what I'd love even more? If we could get PS3 games on PS5. Now, I know the chances of that happening are slim to none, and if so it'd be through emulation so I'd probably need to rebuy my games, but it's still something nice to think about considering there's some amazing PS3 games I'd love to replay again someday, preferably without having to mess around getting my console out with the extra wires and stuff lol. Or y'know, maybe one day they'll add the games I want onto PS Now and it'll then be worth it for me, lol :P 

Around the Network

I'm only saying BC because the first 18 months of a new consoles life suck. There is usually a draught of games and you end up buying things out of desperation you normally wouldn't. BC will help with fill that initial void.

Whoever said life to be like a box of chocolates clearly didn't know what he was talking about. 

Life is more like a game of bumper cars. At every turn there is a possibility you will get screwed.

Bristow9091 said:
twintail said:

PS4 on PS5 will happen.

Sony aren't going to throw away all the current money spending PSN users when PSN is so fundamental to the profit margins of the PS division, which itself is pretty healthy in relation to other avenues within Sony. This is doubly so with MS gearing up and making the Xbox brand far more attractive for consumers.

Yeah that's a good point... although you know what I'd love even more? If we could get PS3 games on PS5. Now, I know the chances of that happening are slim to none, and if so it'd be through emulation so I'd probably need to rebuy my games, but it's still something nice to think about considering there's some amazing PS3 games I'd love to replay again someday, preferably without having to mess around getting my console out with the extra wires and stuff lol. Or y'know, maybe one day they'll add the games I want onto PS Now and it'll then be worth it for me, lol :P 

Of course, I hear you! PS3 BC is definitely what is up in the air and if it were to ever happen it would be great. We probably have to settle with remasters... though I wouldnt mind Sony remastering their PS3 games which had no trophy support. For equality sake I suppose.

twintail said:
This blu ray rumour is so stupid.

It's literally just a wild guess.

All of these rumors are just guesses.

Sony i want a 4k bluray player function on the ps5 cmon

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
asqarkabab said:

I think they will... they didn't for the pro just because its a mid step and why take something away from the PS5 to put it in a mid step console. So I'd expect them to be aiming it at a better 4k machine and for it to do that it needs to have a 4k drive (and looking at current games) going to need to be 100gb at least.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
asqarkabab said:

I think they will... they didn't for the pro just because its a mid step and why take something away from the PS5 to put it in a mid step console. So I'd expect them to be aiming it at a better 4k machine and for it to do that it needs to have a 4k drive (and looking at current games) going to need to be 100gb at least.

It looks like that Sony will let our pockets bleed ;)

Im Happy With it ;)

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS