By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Initiative

My Fingers are crossed for there next game to be the new Perfect Dark Reboot/Sequel. This Talented group can turn this talented IP back into a masterpiece.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
You've listed Brian Westergaard and Christian Cantamessa twice lol.. but aside from that, looks like quite the experienced bunch already and I wonder if Microsoft are eyeing anybody else to snatch up too, could turn out to be a great studio with a whole bunch of talent!

Yeah, Copy / paste is a bitch!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

EspadaGrim said:
The Initiative and Playground RPG Studio are both hiring big names both will be very important studios for MS going forward.

Do we know who joined them?

DirtyP2002 said:
EspadaGrim said:
The Initiative and Playground RPG Studio are both hiring big names both will be very important studios for MS going forward.

Do we know who joined them?

Don't know the names but they hired very experienced devs https://www.windowscentral.com/playground-games-hires-developers-guerilla-games-and-other-studios-unannounced-project

In order to assist with that game's development, Playground Games is hiring a lot of talented individuals from the gaming industry. A report by GamesIndustry.Biz said that the studio picked up programmers from BioWare, Motive Studios, Guerrilla Games, Ninja Theory, and Rocksteady Studios.

BioWare, Guerrilla Games, Ninja Theory, and Rocksteady Studios have worked on incredible experiences like Mass Effect, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, and Horizon Zero Dawn. This hiring spree comes right after Playground Games recruited developers who worked on Grand THeft Auto V, HellBlade: Senua's Sacrifice, and Metal Gear Solid.

DirtyP2002 said:
Bristow9091 said:
You've listed Brian Westergaard and Christian Cantamessa twice lol.. but aside from that, looks like quite the experienced bunch already and I wonder if Microsoft are eyeing anybody else to snatch up too, could turn out to be a great studio with a whole bunch of talent!

Why not update OP? They're still listed twice

OT: This studio could be Microsoft's Naughty Dog. If they create a great Perfect Dark game or something like that, I could be forced to own both Xbox and PS next gen like I did with 360 and PS3.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
This is looking like it's going to be a good one. Can't wait to see what comes out of it. I hope it's single player focused at the very least.

If it's Fable then it will have Co-op as a feature.

Replicant said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Why not update OP? They're still listed twice

OT: This studio could be Microsoft's Naughty Dog. If they create a great Perfect Dark game or something like that, I could be forced to own both Xbox and PS next gen like I did with 360 and PS3.

Done.

John2290 said:
EspadaGrim said:

If it's Fable then it will have Co-op as a feature.

Yeah, Co-op is all good by me, Co-op in single player has rarely effected a games direction from my experience. It's the PVP that started to screw things and reach into the SP aspect of some games, that I'd be concerned for. I very much doubt they'll be making Fable though. Possibly an RPG, I hope, with the scale of TW3. All they need is to catch that one IP , lightning in a bottle to strengthen their brand enough for a few million extra boxes. If they go RPG for the lightning in a bottle they'll target the most hardcore gamers who'll be more likely to buy a box, imo and who'll add thw word of mouth across they net and bag the buyers who are on thw fence. Making Fable would be a waste of time in this endeavour.

Yeah Playground has proven they know how to make a perfect balance between, Singleplayer, co-op, and online with Horizon 4. They're just really good at everything by this point. FH4 has RPG elements, custom quest making, and the choice of always online, or just single player with AI Drivatars.  But there still is a small chance that it's something new and not Fable?. Very small chance that is.

https://ticgamesnetwork.com/news/sunset-overdrive-game-director-drew-murray-joins-the-initiative/

UPDATE