By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A very annoying pop up that’s destroying this website

ok so recently there has been a pop up that pops up and completely takes you off this page without being able to even press back and get back to the website. It’s almost happening every time I’m typing in the forums which then basically stops me from finishing my replies or comments and not being able to get back to them so I simply don’t bother with the comments any more. It really really needs fixing and sorting out. Im lucky it hasn’t happened while typing this tbh. This is on mobile website with requested desktop version btw.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Every now and then we get a thread that complains about ads. It's been shit for years. So sadly this will continue

There are ads on this site?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

bananaking21 said:
Every now and then we get a thread that complains about ads. It's been shit for years. So sadly this will continue

Been a member here for years now and I know there’s been annoying ads but this one is just completely taking the piss. Taking off the website to another website and unable to go back, and as I say it’s happening half way through making comments on the forum.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Marth said:
You can get rid of ads.
http://www.vgchartz.com/supporters_payment.php?choice_supporter=1%7C12

Ohh hahaha this is just gold

"Yeah we have shitty ads, want them gone? Pay us money"

Around the Network
Marth said:
bananaking21 said:

Ohh hahaha this is just gold

"Yeah we have shitty ads, want them gone? Pay us money"

You have a problem, I gave you a solution. Simple as that.

Lots of websites have a support option nowadays that removes ads.

There is a large difference between supporter options which remove relatively harmless adverts from the banner areas, and adverts which drop a video onto the text entry box on mobile which has no means to close it without leaving VGchartz, I'm fairly certain I've encountered the same advert or type of that the OP is talking about and the only way to use the site is to leave it play and attempt to input text underneath a video while auto correct gets absolutely hammered on my phone (and another different users on this site, can't recall name) which means spelling has to be perfect or it will become a garbled mess.

I'm just saying at the point where the site is non functional without the supporters option you are then not talking about a "supporter" option at all but more a subscription to be able to use the site from mobile devices when some adverts come into circulation.

Some sites also have a "supporter" option but not to remove adverts but just to support the site because it's fantastic such as Wikipedia, people happily (mostly) pay for the upkeep of that site without the dangle of a ad removal carrot as there is no adverts for users there.

As for the OP though, those adverts aren't directly under the control of anyone on this site and the advert company is in use on a few different gaming sites so if there are malicious ads on there it should just be a matter of a few weeks with people reporting them (where available) before those ones which pull you away from this site get removed, since obviously adverts shouldn't ever get you off the site you're browsing since even the advert company then loses revenue from the next advert that would load on the site they've got ad control over.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Hope its fixed