By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Soul Calibur 6 Open BETA (Stress test) is out now

Itsplayable now people if you didn’t already know, however I’m gutted, seongMina isn’t playable!

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
John2290 said:
shikamaru317 said:
Anyone else unable to find a match? Been searching for 5 minutes now with no luck.

No problem here. Instant matching for the 5 or 6 I've had. The problem is the game, it feels like they lifted SC off of the ps3 and were in the middle of a remaster when they decided to make a sequel. This is going to be a nasty fail unless this is some early ass version of the game. 

You mean the original Soul Calibur that got ported?

shikamaru317 said:
John2290 said:

No problem here. Instant matching for the 5 or 6 I've had. The problem is the game, it feels like they lifted SC off of the ps3 and were in the middle of a remaster when they decided to make a sequel. This is going to be a nasty fail unless this is some early ass version of the game. 

What platform are you on? I'm on PS4 Pro and only got 1 match in 30 minutes of searching earlier today. Hours later I'm trying again right now and haven't found a match after 5 minutes of searching. I'm reading others on PS4 are having issues as well, while Xbox works like a charm

Why aren't you playing it on your Xbox then?

Worked fine for me yesterday on PS4 (EU).

I’m struggling with the tempo of the fights to be honest. I play street fighter 5 and the fights are so much faster than this it feels weird to me. It’s also not helping that I’m late starting the beta lol, I’m coming up against players with high RP and they clearly understand the game and movesets while I still trying to learn them but I’ve got them just attacking me haha.

John2290 said:
StokedUp said:
I’m struggling with the tempo of the fights to be honest. I play street fighter 5 and the fights are so much faster than this it feels weird to me. It’s also not helping that I’m late starting the beta lol, I’m coming up against players with high RP and they clearly understand the game and movesets while I still trying to learn them but I’ve got them just attacking me haha.

Yeah, I'm pretty disapointed too. Hav'nt played SC since SC 4 I think but I remeber being much more enjoyable than this and the menus and UI is atrocious. It's pretty hard to gauge yet though without a combo list, Hope the drop a proper BETA with a tutorial. 

I wouldn’t say I’m disappointed, just struggling to get used to it due to being used to a much faster tempo beat em up in Street fighter 5. It’s hard to get into due to there being no moveset or practice mode and the other players that have been playing the beta for hours don’t really give me a chance to get into the swing of things.

Theres definitely potential here and I’m looking forward to trying again later and hopefully seeing a new beta or demo released with a practice mode before the release date.

Around the Network

Lol till I yet to win one fight, there’s got to be somebody out there worse than me on this beta! Not helping that all I’m doing is button mashing as it’s sinply impossible to learn movesets or combos while being relentlessly attacked. I do like the game but I NEED that practice mode.

It would be nice if they taught you how to play the damn game! I'm just button mashing! However I am having fun. Zasalamel is awesome.

Finally won my first match! This game hard. Not use to a block button or ground hits. Also you take so much damage. Match ends less than a minute. The ring out is complete bs. Is every stage like this? such a turnoff.

Last edited by HandofPrometheus - on 29 September 2018

Well, I'm in, had one game of Kilik against a Kilik and won. Now I've swapped to Geralt and been searching for an opponent for 5 minutes. :P

EDIT: Changed settings to 3+ bars and any region getting nothing, ah well. Time for a tea.

Last edited by The Fury - on 30 September 2018

Hmm, pie.

I wasn't able to get any other game in the end, tried again but it just say there, never found someone. Ah well.

Hmm, pie.