By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump proposes legislation that would restrict green card access for immigrants that use public assistance programs

Got an article link or anything to read about it?

Around the Network

What are you talking about?

They put hispanics in the article name to make him look bad. He is really just getting rid of it for lazy people unwilling to work, and illegal immigrants. Cuz they didn't doing anything to earn free stuff.

CaptainExplosion said:
Well naturally. He's had it out for them from day one, and it wasn't enough that he snatched their children and put them in camps apparently.

Like every other president before him?

I don't see anything wrong with this, if you can't provide something to the country why should you get a green card, not a burden a country should have to carry,

dx11332sega said:
I think I wanna lock this or I might get in trouble with government if so I'm sorry :( ?

You're fine. Nobody from any government is watching this thread, and you didn't post anything bad anyway.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
COKTOE said:

You're fine. Nobody from any government is watching this thread, and you didn't post anything bad anyway.

But if I become famous some guy might actually use this against me I might lose alot?

No, you're still fine because you didn't post anything that could possibly get you in trouble.  Try to relax man :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

The legislation actually makes sense. Everything other country does this.

Makes sense to me. The whole point of a green card is to reside and work in the US, either temporarily or while becoming a citizen. If you are moving here just to be given government handouts, you are only a drain on the system and we do not need you here. That spot would be better suited for an immigrant who is wanting to become a productive part of society.

There is nothing wrong with this policy, immigrating to another country a person should be able to support themselves and their family but there is one added aspect to this policy that is wrong. Trump also lumped in ACA/Obamacare and Children healthcare into this policy. Also making this policy where if you ever used any of these services seems way to restrictive. Anyone can have a bad season and may have fallen on bad times, if that person picked themselves up and become successful, having used any of those services once should not stop their path to citizenship.

So in other words, if you use the Exchange to obtain healthcare you are also not able to become a citizens. I would consider that part playing very dirty and just shows as always even when Trump administration tries to do something that people can get behind, he and his administration always throw some crap into the mix to f it up. I

My boyfriend is technically poor but he works his ass off to the point where I think he is crazy. So I always take issue with people equating poverty to laziness. It just isn' like that at all. This boy works too much to the point where he isn't getting enough sleep. I keep saying that if he continues like that he is going to hurt his body. In his mind, its all about survival. To him its like, I have to work like this. He doesn't get assistance but he barely makes enough money to pay his bills.

That puts me in a weird situation because on one hand I know what hie is doing isn't healthy but on the other hand, who am I to tell him not to work for what he needs? He needs a better paying job (and just one) because he clearly isn't lazy.

Where are these folks in the conversation about need? Why do we only talk about extreme cases where someone is actually lazy. Its like a whole population is being ignored or packaged in with the very worst of society so we can just ignore them.