By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding: New Trailer Tgs 2018 (Update:release planned for 2019)

CosmicSex said:
VAMatt said:

Is it?  They've been talking about this game for years now, and nobody has seen game play.  

But, sure, the game probably isn't actually vaporware.  The names attached to it have established track records, so most likely they will eventually ship something.  Nevertheless, it is past time for Kojima to put up or shut up.  We don't need more trailers.  We need to see an actual game.  

We have seen about as much gameplay from this as TLOU part 2 which has been in production far longer than Death Stranding... so what the likelihood that TLOU is vaperware? 75%? 

We got 10 minutes of gameplay for TLOU 2 during the E3 presentation and we got basically nothing for Death Stranding. Also TLOU 2 is a sequel so we already knew a lot of how it played, even before we saw it.  I don't think your comparison has much value in this case.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Two wrongs don't make a right

What are you talking about? Unless you are completely lost, you would know that Kojima left Konami for Sony and like less than 6 months after that they put the teaser for Death Stranding, so 3 years was the minimum time for release, anyone expecting faster than that was crazy.

I'm not saying that they should have a finished game in 2 years, I'm saying that they should have waited more for the announcement. Cyberpunk 2077 being announced more than 6 years before launch doesn't make it ok for Death Stranding to get a trailer before they've even chosen the engine.

B O I

TruckOSaurus said:
ARamdomGamer said:
This sure is the reason why I love videogames

Vague trailers without gameplay?

Substance is overrated

Dr.Vita said:
potato_hamster said:

Watch the trailer. Notice the little PS4 logo at the end of it.

Ah nevermind, so this is definitely going to be available on PS4. I will still expect a cross gen release though (as a Playstation 5 launch game).

It could be cross gen or even fully compatible. Sony haven't announced PS5 so they wouldn't ever talk about any of the current unreleased game being shifted to PS5 or getting a port.

Qwark said:

And I believe in you kkkkk

Yay, I shall do my best to figure it out ;) 

I'll probably use a guide after finishing to understand what I had played =p

LuccaCardoso1 said:
DonFerrari said:

What are you talking about? Unless you are completely lost, you would know that Kojima left Konami for Sony and like less than 6 months after that they put the teaser for Death Stranding, so 3 years was the minimum time for release, anyone expecting faster than that was crazy.

I'm not saying that they should have a finished game in 2 years, I'm saying that they should have waited more for the announcement. Cyberpunk 2077 being announced more than 6 years before launch doesn't make it ok for Death Stranding to get a trailer before they've even chosen the engine.

So your complain was about a different point. Still I'll wait for you to show what harm is there in saying the game they were working on when it was pretty clear they had just started and that everyone wanted to know what Kojima would do after leaving Konami and PT being canned. The announcement gave a lot of good feedback for Sony as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

2019, thats fantastic !!!!!!

With "The Lats of Us 2" and "Ghost of Tsushima" the 2019-Highlight.