By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FIFA 18 Has sold 24 Million Units.

"EA Sports has announced that its latest FIFA entry, FIFA 18, has sold over 24 million copies globally since its release in September of last year.

In additiona, FIFA Mobile has been installed 193 million times. Overall, the FIFA franchise has sold over 260 million units to date, maintaining its place as the best-selling sports video game of all time.

Asia-exclusives FIFA Online 3 and 4 have seen over 115 million registered players to date."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-09-05-fifa-18-sells-over-24-million-copies

Around the Network

Dammit, it's because shit like this that EA is untouchable by controversy, no matter how much consumer backlash they receive. Why do people buy this games yearly?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Dammit, it's because shit like this that EA is untouchable by controversy, no matter how much consumer backlash they receive. Why do people buy this games yearly?

The Fifa games are good and I enjoy playing them with friends so I buy them yearly. 

Truly a tragedy.

Darwinianevolution said:

My guess is that the majoriy of people who buy FIFA are casual gamers who don't pay attention to the industry itself. Wouldn't be surprised if FIFA is all they play

Around the Network

I have a lot of friends who have bought a PS4/XBO just to play FIFA, they may have the free games that games with gold and ps plus offer but that’s it, so no surprises 

Fifa a monster. Probably close to 15m of that on ps4 too. Staggering for an annual release and I think fifa 19 and 20 will grow even more.

Kerotan said:
Fifa a monster. Probably close to 15m of that on ps4 too. Staggering for an annual release and I think fifa 19 and 20 will grow even more.

This. FIFA 12 sold 12 million. The IP will just continue to grow from here.

FIFA is a monster of a franchise.Actually, you can simply say that football is just too damn popular.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1