By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So my Switch's Power Cord just died after six months of use...

StuOhQ said:
Oh, that's rough. Better contact Nintendo CS. Mine is chugging along fine after almost three years (launch unit). I actually put in like 70%-30% in favor of docked play too.

The issue resolved it self nearly a year later when I moved to a different house with better electrical wiring. It seems Nintendo's AV and Dock are sensitive to voltage fluctuations. The PS4 worked on the previous outlet well . 

PS. I subscribed to your channel. Very good work 

Around the Network

Not really a fully applicable point to the discussion, but here's my situation.

I own two Switch consoles (original) and three docks. I use the Nintendo power cord exclusively plugged into the dock (on 2 of my 3 docks anyways - the dock I use for travel, that one's cord sometimes becomes a direct-to-device charger).

I have third-party chargers I use elsewhere for direct-to-device charging - an Anker powered USB-3 hub in my office, and Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging plugs in the living room (x2) and my bedroom.

Usually I will charge the Switches during the day (when they're receiving handheld play) through the third-party chargers, then leave them on the docks overnight.

I have never experienced any problems this way.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Personally I'm more worried about the so called Joy con drift issue. Hope they get that fixed by the time the Pro comes out cause I might get that Switch but only if I hear that the issue is no more by then.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

Personally I'm more worried about the so called Joy con drift issue. Hope they get that fixed by the time the Pro comes out cause I might get that Switch but only if I hear that the issue is no more by then.

So far I haven't had an issue with it. But I have heard of a few cases. I also have heard of bricked Switches.