By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Satire: Vatican introduces "Wary" as evil counterpart of the Virgin Mary (Pics in source)

"I'ma Wary! I'ma gonna win!", says the new arch-enemy of the mother of god.

The Roman Catholic Church has introduced a new character during a religious congress celebrated in Roma. Her name is "Wary" ("Waría", in spanish), and it is the evil counterpart of Mary. Acording to Cardinal Luis Ladaria Ferrer, the new character is necesary to keep the sacred franchise fresh after more than 2000 years of history.

More info and pics: https://www.elmundotoday.com/2018/09/el-vaticano-presenta-a-waria-la-nemesis-malvada-de-la-virgen-maria/

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
twintail said:

... ?

The Vatican ripped off Nintendo to make an evil version of St. Mary. XD

Wow that sounds unbelievable!

Lol. Catholic church is a fucking joke.

User was warned for this post ~ Angelus

Last edited by Angelus - on 03 September 2018

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

1. It's satire

2. No u

I heard even she's gonna be included in the Smash roster.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
barneystinson69 said:

1. It's satire

2. No u

Yeah, I just realized that. And also, too savage. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I'm waiting for to get her own spin-off and inevitably  an appearance in Super Bash Sisters.

This is hilarious.

Also, for those curious, this is El Mundo Today, they are all about fake news. Think of The Onion but in Spanish.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Well, the way the OP worded it, I assumed it was a joke. Also, I don't think they can just add characters to a religion like that, at least not the way OP implies. It would have to come via patch and it's been a while since we've gotten one of those...

Cant believe some people actually believed this...... Reminds me of the videos I watched last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0_n7tGnK0&t=17s&ab_channel=doinen People will believe anything.