By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Death Battle: Optimus Prime vs Gundam

Who will win?

Optimus Prime 9 64.29%

Gundam 5 35.71%

Total:14

I met Wiz (Ben Singer) at my job the other day. I run a computer department in Austin, and he came in to grab a Surface.

Pretty chill guy, he's super excited about this episode because he had to binge Mobile Suit Gundam for research. He thought it was going to be a laydown in Optimus' favor, but watching Gundam has made him realize that it will be a much closer match than he thought.

((Also got to recommend a participant for next season, and he had no idea the character's feats were at that tier))

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Azuren said:

I met Wiz (Ben Singer) at my job the other day. I run a computer department in Austin, and he came in to grab a Surface.

Pretty chill guy, he's super excited about this episode because he had to binge Mobile Suit Gundam for research. He thought it was going to be a laydown in Optimus' favor, but watching Gundam has made him realize that it will be a much closer match than he thought.

((Also got to recommend a participant for next season, and he had no idea the character's feats were at that tier))

Which character's feats at which tier?

Black☆Star from Soul Eater

In the manga he was capable of defying physics (grabbing lasers when it's stated by other characters that it isn't possible to do that), lift obscene weight with no visible effort (casually caught and disposed of one of the Moon's teeth), and flat-out declared the strongest person at DWMA.

CaptainExplosion said:
Azuren said:

Black☆Star from Soul Eater

In the manga he was capable of defying physics (grabbing lasers when it's stated by other characters that it isn't possible to do that), lift obscene weight with no visible effort (casually caught and disposed of one of the Moon's teeth), and flat-out declared the strongest person at DWMA.

We're talking about Optimus Prime vs the Gundam.

... Which is why I put that last bit to the side. Then you asked me about it, so I explained it.

I dont like Transformers so Gundam it is.

Around the Network
Azuren said:

You should swing by the "world renowned Double Toasted studio"! 

OTBWY said:
The RX-78-2 has a pilot that is a newtype, basically a super human that can see enemy moves before they happen. Optimus would lose by skill.

Need I remind you that Prime has 5 MILLION YEARS OF EXPERIENCE? Plus, the Gundam had three different pilots in the anime; Amuro Ray, Sayla Mass and Ryu Jose, all pilots of different skill levels. Then again, Amuro is the most prominent pilot so they'd go by him, but since it's the ORIGINAL Gundam he'd be at a lower skill level than he was by the time of Zeta Gundam.

Then there's the fact that, while Optimus Prime survived his injuries long enough to at least die in the infirmary, the Gundam was destroyed and not rebuilt. Also, Amuro went through severe PTSD after a certain battle against Zeon, which badly effected his willingness to fight, so who's to say that part of him isn't lingering?

Optimus's experience: And? He has been fighting the same way for 5 million years. In fact, they were losing against the decepticons, which is why they had to resort to transforming and disguise themselves.

Pilots of the RX-78-2: Sayla mass only piloted for half of the episode, after which Amuro took over cause she could not pilot it. Ryu Jose is not even worth mentioning.

Amuro's skill: He was even better in the Zeta Gundam era, because he fought in grunt levels suits and still was very good. And you would have to take his peak skills from Char's Counterattack as reference.

Gundam's damage: It was a total loss, but all Gundams afterwards were built upon that original. Not just that, Amuro hit the limits of it about the time of the Solomon battle.

Amuro's state: Amuro was at his peak during CC. He wasn't having any issues then. His problems were not PTSD. He had guilt because he had killed Lalah when he wanted to finish Char. He held that against Char. And the rest of his disinterest in fighting pre Zeta is because he was unhappy with the federation. But you would have to look at his superior skills during CC.

CaptainExplosion said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

That's not a good enough reason, and you posted it twice.

If I post it enough times the reasoning becomes better.

CaptainExplosion said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

If I post it enough times the reasoning becomes better.

Then by that logic I should keep posting over and over how I don't like Full Metal Alchemist, so it must suck.

Go ahead and do it. It works even better if you post it on numerous threads. 

I don't expect you to understand the numerous complexities of a chinese cartoon like FMA. To you everything is good or bad, Trump or Non-Trump. That's why you're talking Transformers and I am talking higher art, like Yuri on Ice.

Holy shit! That was satisfying.