By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: We are getting Nintendo Direct in around next 2 weeks

-First, Nintendo is launching Online in second half of September, that means they need to talk about it in first half of September.

-Second, Nintendo with Switch usualy have Direct at around 3 months (I don't count specific Nindies Directs), in June we had E3 Direct so next regular Direct would need to be around September with focus on Q4 lineup. So I suspect we will have one Direct where the will have games and Switch online.

-Third, last year after E3 Direct we had Nindies Direct on August 30. and than regular Direct on September 13., this year we had Nindies Direct on August 28. and my guess would be regular Direct will be somewhere 11-13. September, thats if we don't have it week earlier (04-06. September).

In 2 weeks we will know if I am right. :)

Around the Network

Yes, i believe you are right. It's time and let's hope it is better than the E3 Direct

Probably. Online is on the way this month and Nintendo seems to have gone news crazy as of late so I too get the feeling one is near to hand. Also, timing would line up with last year's pretty closely.

Seems reasonable. More details for Super Mario Party, Pokemon and other games coming before Christmas, another newcomer for Smash and a date for a pre-launch Smash Direct to announce the new mode; some hype for third party games coming in the final quarter, and possibly a surprise (NSMB port?).

Yup. They have to talk about the online service, hype up Pokemon and Smash, detail potential bundles (I say potential because Nintendo is known to being stupid about this in the past) and talk about unannounced games, both coming in 2018 or beyond.

Around the Network

Considering how little they've actually talked about their online fee, they really need a meaty Direct now.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Your dad is not from Nintendo! Or from 4chan!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

They did say they were talking about their 2019 games after E3. It could be that time now…
If they don't, announce GC and Dreamcast games for the online service and all is forgiven! :D

DélioPT said:
They did say they were talking about their 2019 games after E3. It could be that time now…
If they don't, announce GC and Dreamcast games for the online service and all is forgiven! :D

If we talk about 2019. games, IMO best we can hope is talk about some Q1 2019. games (maybe Yoshi), and later probably again some announcement at Game Awards at beginning of December, and after that we can again expect January Direct, than March-April Direct...

Guessing... 12th September..