By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Boss Fights of current gen games

John2290 said:
Also, the thread voting seems to have turned into the hardest bosses list, why does a boss have to be difficult to beat to gain enjoyment out of it? Surprised no one has said The nameless king, kuch harder than Kos if you classed up as melle in Ds3...wait, provably cause noone has beaten him :D jk. Man, that fucker still makes me rage thinking about what it took to kill him.

I dunno about that. There's quite a few popular bosses on here that aren't particularly difficult. Baldur, Bowser, Scornet Maestro, etc. From bosses do tend to stick out because many of them are so well designed (and difficult too).

Around the Network
Chazore said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Bump, another time. Why aren't more people voting? I thought you guys would be into boss fights.

Well I'd be voting if it wasn't just locked to a few consoles and no other systems/PC.

Added

I mostly play Nintendo games, but I feel Nintendo has been dropping the ball when it comes to bosses lately so it's a struggle to list 10, gonna do 4 instead.

#1 - Takumi - Fire Emblem Fates Conquest
#2 - Grey Prince Zote - Hollow Knight
#3 - Agent 3 - Splatoon 2
#4 - Star Dream - Kirby Planet Robobot

John2290 said:
Also, the thread voting seems to have turned into the hardest bosses list, why does a boss have to be difficult to beat to gain enjoyment out of it? Surprised no one has said The nameless king, kuch harder than Kos if you classed up as melle in Ds3...wait, provably cause noone has beaten him :D jk. Man, that fucker still makes me rage thinking about what it took to kill him.
Well it helps that you're generally gonna remember a boss that took you an hour to beat plus time spent planning/strategizing over one that took you two minutes blind.

HylianSwordsman said:
This thread is making me realize how few games I've completed this gen. Kind of depressing honestly. Is 3DS allowed or not? I see some 3DS titles in the totals but are those a mistake? The rules don't mention 3DS. I might have enough memorable bosses to make a list of 10 if I can include 3DS games.

No.

It depends on what type of game you play, some games have lots of bosses like Dark Souls 3, some have a few and some have no boss fights.

John2290 said:
I had to think really hard on this one but I've narrowed it down to a few that are mostly in VR so the top for me would be the jack chainsaw fight in Re7 VR or the grannie fight in VR. A mention to all the end level bosses in Blasters of the Universe in VR and if I had to choose a flat game I really enjoyed sahelanthropus in MGS 5 and almost every boss fight in TW3. If monster hunter counts, a good chunck of them prior to tempered.

Make a list, and don't be finnicky. VR games on PC and PS4 are welcome so you can include them in your list.

Don't be vague. Mention your particular picks for your list. It will go down in history as VGC's favourite boss fights so choose wisely.

John2290 said:

Nameless King is in 14th. I voted for him in like, the second post xD

Its not just hard, Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne have amazing boss design, OST and movesets with atmosphere and story that puts them so high on the list. DS3 and Bloodborne are dominating the charts.

Guys I'm getting concerned, nobody mentioned Giga Rosa from Xenoblade 2

I'll do my top 5 now and then think about the others:

1. Bowser (Super Mario Odyssey)
2. Proteus Ridley (Metroid Samus Returns)
3. Torkdrift (Super Mario Odyssey)
4. Ganon (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
5. Giga Rosa (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Around the Network

1)Lao - Xenoblade Chronicles X

John2290 said:
Chazore said:

Well I'd be voting if it wasn't just locked to a few consoles and no other systems/PC.

What do you mean? You can vote for anything you want and your first will have 11 points as I understand it bumping it well up in the list now as it's still young and you're 10th will still be added regardless, to thebottom of the list if the current trend is followed. 

Chazore, lad, you always seem to find some way to add a complaint in some way connected to PC gaming to the most random threads. :D

Yeah, I thought it went without saying, but I've put it up on the rules so I don't get accused of not being inclusive of PC gamers.

Luke888 said:
Guys I'm getting concerned, nobody mentioned Giga Rosa from Xenoblade 2

I'll do my top 5 now and then think about the others:

1. Bowser (Super Mario Odyssey)
2. Proteus Ridley (Metroid Samus Returns)
3. Torkdrift (Super Mario Odyssey)
4. Ganon (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
5. Giga Rosa (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

If you want to put more bosses do it before the 4oth post.

bigtakilla said:
1)Lao - Xenoblade Chronicles X

1 boss😮

As a head's up to the OP, you have Takumi listed twice on the rankings: at 19 and 66.

MTZehvor said:
As a head's up to the OP, you have Takumi listed twice on the rankings: at 19 and 66.

Rectified.

1. The Stranger/Baldur (first fight)—God of War. Favorite boss fight of all time.
2. Dragon—God of War
3. Rafe—Uncharted 4. That whole sequence.
4. Thunderjaws—HZD
5. Oralech/final match—Pyre
6. Rat—Cuphead
7. Pirate—Cuphead
8. Margarite—RE7
9. Blood starved beast—Bloodborne
10. One of the Doom bosses.