By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thoughts on Forza Horizon 4 and "shared world" titles

I played Forza Horizon 3 for 40 hours. Shared world could be really cool, especially if well balanced. I play mostly in single player but see other players run down the streets summed to the Drivatar during the races it's a plus even for single players. Playground games found a really good match for arcade cars games. Can't wait to see them on next gen console (Forza Horizon 4 in my opinion seems too much similar to FH3, but maybe i have to try it at Milan Games week to change my mind).

Around the Network
Barkley said:
"But they also found a way to make the online part optional"

But isn't the world completely empty then? My impression from FH4 at e3 is that they've removed traffic and the only other vehicles are players in the shared world? Is this wrong? Do you get normal traffic if you opt-out of shared world?

nah their are always cars but if play online they can be replaced by your friends and randoms driveatars.

I think Fable 2/3 did also a good job.

konnichiwa said:
Barkley said:
"But they also found a way to make the online part optional"

But isn't the world completely empty then? My impression from FH4 at e3 is that they've removed traffic and the only other vehicles are players in the shared world? Is this wrong? Do you get normal traffic if you opt-out of shared world?

nah their are always cars but if play online they can be replaced by your friends and randoms driveatars.

Ah, excellent! Would have got it either way but thought it was a strange choice.

I think its a great idea to allow gamers the option to play online or offline as long as the game is playable in those ways. For example Destiny should be allowed to be played offline, I have no idea why that game needs to be online. Sure it users a server but why not have an option where the game runs native offline? Hopefully Forza Horizon 4 sets the standard and other companies follow suit.

I'm going to pre order the ultimate edition digitally either this week or next week. The only think that will be somewhat of a letdown is that by looking at the map it probably will have the two expansions as separate maps again instead of having them attached to the main map which would be better. Also I don't think the music is going to be as good as it was in the previous two games.