By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS offering Gamepass + Console + XBLive for a monthly service fee.

flashfire926 said:
COKTOE said:

Gross.

Yeah, having more options for people is gross.

Who do you think I'm speaking for? Everybody on VGC? The planet? Myself? Why don't you head down to the lab, run some tests, and see if you can figure it out?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

It seems to be a decent deal IF you know without a doubt that you would buy both Xbox Live AND Game Pass subscriptions for the next two years. That probably fits a lot of the Xbox demographic, to be honest. I know a guy who never cancelled his Live membership after he sold his 360. It sat on his father's credit card for YEARS without him even using it, until he got an XO.

Personally, I hate contracts that take away your options for an extended period of time. I'd never do this for any console unless the savings was extensive. Besides that, I can't imagine buying an Xbox before their annual holiday discounts.

Microsoft has been after service models for years. That's their goal for pretty much everything. It's one of the reasons I keep my distance from their ecosystem as much as possible.

called this 2 years ago, it's how the X1X should have launched in my opinion.

Very stupid idea to start this offer after having already announced that they're working on new hardware. Would people sign into a contract for 2 years with a ps4 if the ps5 was on the way? very unlikely.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I wonder why would this be a thing for an average American who can afford $250 for a console easily, it's not that HUGE investment.