By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In regards to being a open world game - How do you view FINAL FANTASY XV

The game overall looks fantastic and the gameplay is great for what it is, however my biggest let downs are its Story and characters. They honestly remind me of a boy band Haha 

Around the Network

I couldn't enjoy the game much to say a lot about its open world concept. The gampelay of Ff15 feels very stiff and clunky. I only managed to reach the first big city, and there are only 2 in the entire game. The world is big, but feels empty and uninteresting. The driving mechanic is a joke. Everything feels so slow. Final Fantasy should stop aiming for realism and go back to a world map lile the one on PSX. Maybe something like Ni nu Kuni 2.
FF15 is too much of a disaster overall, to say anything more about it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Egann said:
FF XV is not a true open-world game. I encountered numerous invisible walls in my time at the edges of numerous maps. Edges which the world map said I should be able to traverse I was actually not able to cross. This is not to say I didn't enjoy XV, just that the open world aspect is often overstated because XIII was so linear. This aspect certainly needs improvement, and I would totally make them sit down and watch a Let's Play of Zelda's BotW.

On the whole I feel the standout feature of XV was the dungeon design. XV is one of the few games where dungeons feel like real locations with in-universe lore as opposed to a puzzle. As far as gameplay is concerned they're ho-hum, but the look and feel is spot on.

What's gained in dungeon design is lost in quests. Quests are almost always killing something. It's acceptable because in-universe this is passed off as blue-collar work, so of course it's dangerous and repetitive, but being able to make an excuse in your worldbuilding doesn't actually excuse poor quest design. On the upside, I love how all the monster wanted posters have "For Habitat Destruction" on them.

The DLC has been...good, but not great.

Gladiolus is the standout of the lot, again showpieces FF's amazing worldbuilding in set design. It looked like something straight out of Tomb Raider 2009, except that the TR dungeons were immersion-breakingly over the top. Here Gilgamesh tells you to look around at the swords of those who have fallen before you, and it really feels satisfying because you know at least one of them.

Prompto is so-so saved by Aranea being made of pure awesome and saving his white and squishy backside.

Ignis is the weakest of the lot. It does add to it by letting you spend time with Ravus, but I was disappointed with it.

I am REALLY disappointed in S-E that they aren't making a XV-2. An all girls team with Aranea, Iris, and...Monica maybe? FYI: I think Monica and Coctura are totally sisters because Monica used Coctura's plating arrangement when making the cat food--again with the fantastic attention to worldbuilding detail!--but I digress. Also remove the Coleman branded tents and make the girls rough it like Bear Grylls. I would totally buy that at full game MSRP. But replaying with Royal Edition? Not so sure.

I like FF X-2. But you see, people are saying we don't like woman in our games nowadays, so your FF XV-2 can't come forward.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."