By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I'm completely and utterly alone, ask me anything! <(^_^<)

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Aeolus451 said:

What else?

That's it! I'm not good at or very interested in much else.

HintHRO said:
Why are you not doing something about it?
On top of being too weak and cowardly, I wouldn't even know where to start.

Become interested in other hobbies like reading novels/manga (you would surprised with how easy it is to meet women/other people at a book store) or something similar. You'll likely meet interesting people in places like that. Ya gotta try or ya don't really have much ground to complain about being lonely to be honest.

Around the Network
RaptorChrist said:
vivster said:

You're not alone. What about family and coworkers? If you just exclude those then I'm also alone, as are a lot of people. Only people who cannot live on their own would tell someone to be a loser for being alone, when in fact they are the losers, because their life revolves around someone else.

I am alone by choice because most people suck and the only way to tolerate them is to not let them near you.

Most people suck. That's exactly it. Why are there so many a*holes? I've been conditioned over the years to not trust anyone. I have a wife and kid, and work a day job, and go to PTA meetings, etcetera, but so many people let money turn them into greedy people.

It also seems like being anonymous allows this behavior to truly manifest. Whether it be people in an Internet forum causing a flame war or people behind the wheel of a car cutting you off.

TLDR; People are a*holes and let money destroy their lives.

Well, this reminds me of a thing I heard a friend once mentioning:

if you meet an a-hole during your day, well, that's just an a-hole, nothing to it. But if everyone you meet and everyone around you are a-holes, then the a-hole actually is you :D

But... I actually do agree with you 100% about greed. Well, that's the root of all problems of humanity since just about ever, isn't it.

Aeolus451 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
That's it! I'm not good at or very interested in much else.

On top of being too weak and cowardly, I wouldn't even know where to start.

Become interested in other hobbies like reading novels/manga (you would surprised with how easy it is to meet women/other people at a book store) or something similar. You'll likely meet interesting people in places like that. Ya gotta try or ya don't really have much ground to complain about being lonely to be honest.

Erm I wasn't complaining about it.

haxxiy said:
RaptorChrist said:

Most people suck. That's exactly it. Why are there so many a*holes? I've been conditioned over the years to not trust anyone. I have a wife and kid, and work a day job, and go to PTA meetings, etcetera, but so many people let money turn them into greedy people.

It also seems like being anonymous allows this behavior to truly manifest. Whether it be people in an Internet forum causing a flame war or people behind the wheel of a car cutting you off.

TLDR; People are a*holes and let money destroy their lives.

if you meet an a-hole during your day, well, that's just an a-hole, nothing to it. But if everyone you meet and everyone around you are a-holes, then the a-hole actually is you :D

But... I actually do agree with you 100% about greed. Well, that's the root of all problems of humanity since just about ever, isn't it.

That would make me an asshole then going by that logic, but I really don't think that's true. I don't actively make the lives of others miserable, atleast not anymore. At the same time I don't help anyone so I'm definitely not a good person either.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Aeolus451 said:

Erm I wasn't complaining about it.

haxxiy said:

That would make me an asshole then going by that logic, but I really don't think that's true. I don't actively make the lives of others miserable, atleast not anymore. At the same time I don't help anyone so I'm definitely not a good person either.

You kinda are with this thread. I mean you make it the theme of the thread and it seems it's something you want to change about yourself. Why else bring it up? There's nothing wrong about complaining about it if you're willing to make an effort to change. If it's something you accepted about yourself then there's no point in this thread. I'm just being honest with what I think. Take it or leave it.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Soren0079 said:
What game/games are you looking forward to in the near future?
And as someone who quite likes being isolated for long periods of time (outside of work) this thread caught my eye.
The single game I want the most atm be Fire Emblem Three Houses, but before then there's Octopath n Smash. I envy that you can enjoy being lonely, but I guess that's because you freely choose to be.

ErwinVGC said:
Do you have autism?
Nope, so can't use that as an excuse.

HintHRO said:
There are countless ways to meet new people. Be creative. Go to the gym. Take dancing classes. Speeddating. Go out and talk to people. How can doing nothing possibly solve your loneliness? No one is going to do it for you.
Well technically loneliness can only be solved by another, but yeah I know, I'm completely to blame for being alone. Should also mention my general lack of interest in things besides video games, so not many places I'd want to go out to. And hah, dating, as if I have the confidence for that!

COKTOE said:

That's a good combination. You could use your powers to find the world's nicest asshole.

True but not sure how that'd be useful. :L

Octopath is great. The gameplay loop is very satisfying. The look and sounds are just great. The HD rumble is nicely done. The story and characters can vary in quality but that's kind of the only real complaint I have.

I wonder if I'll make Three Houses my first Fire Emblem game since Awakening. Hmm.
I do think that too much loneliness is a problem. I break it up by working with others. Otherwise it makes it hard for me to tell days apart.

What's your current game of choice, playing through anything good or bad or meh?

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
You kinda are with this thread. I mean you make it the theme of the thread and it seems it's something you want to change about yourself. Why else bring it up? There's nothing wrong about complaining about it if you're willing to make an effort to change. If it's something you accepted about yourself then there's no point in this thread. I'm just being honest with what I think. Take it or leave it.
On top of just having a discussion, I gave my reasons for the thread in the OP. I can say it's definitely helped me feel better about discussing my situation. If you think it's meaningless then fair enough, you are free to not post here.

Soren0079 said:
Octopath is great. The gameplay loop is very satisfying. The look and sounds are just great. The HD rumble is nicely done. The story and characters can vary in quality but that's kind of the only real complaint I have.

I wonder if I'll make Three Houses my first Fire Emblem game since Awakening. Hmm.
I do think that too much loneliness is a problem. I break it up by working with others. Otherwise it makes it hard for me to tell days apart.

What's your current game of choice, playing through anything good or bad or meh?

Yeah I'm just waiting on a sale before I dive into Octopath's greatness. Did you or did you not like Awakening? So far Three Houses seems to be doing things quite differently, but too early to say if that's good or bad.
Splatoon 2 is the GOAT! Always playing that, though my latest game Mario Tennis Aces is overall solid but has some glaring issues keeping it from being great.

LD, here's my 2 cents.....Take up drinking, hell it works for me. And besides, your only 25. You got your whole life ahead of you.

Things will work out fine over time, trust me.

Got a pm asking for one of me stories so I'll go ahead and post it here. At my last job, a new coworker showed up who I thought nothing of at first, until one time I saw her crying in the break room. This dropped my guard and I started talking to her, a big mistake I'll soon learn. We were just acquaintances at best, yet she did like fooling around psychically. I thought this was weird, but didn't think anything more about it like the fool that I am.

Later on it happened. Unfortunately I don't remember what set her off (probably cause of how insignificant it was), perhaps I bumped into her by accident or something, but regardless she suddenly started wildly and angrily throwing fist at me. I had no time to think before reflex had me send out my fist, but I did stop myself as I'm not gonna beat up a woman even if she deserves it. Coworkers stopped her and that was the end of that job.

Now you could say that I was defending myself and that it was the natural and expected reaction anyone would have, but I consider myself lucky it wasn't worse given that it was man vs. woman. Dunno if she got fired as well, only that she lied about what happened to management, but eh I honestly don't care. More concerning is that this makes two jobs in a row that I left on bad terms, highly doubt anyone would hire me now.

So lesson learned? Open up to people and you'll get fired for it lol. Hopefully this'll give some of yal some perspective as to why it's so hard for me to reach out despite wanting to.

Nighthawk117 said:
LD, here's my 2 cents.....Take up drinking, hell it works for me. And besides, your only 25. You got your whole life ahead of you.

No way mate, who knows what I'll do without inhibition. o_O

Nighthawk117 said:

It's a little risky, but a solid idea. I'm about halfway done writing my first book: The Mentally Ill Guide To Consequence Free Alcoholism. I'm trying to make some bank on this, thus, don't want to give any tips from the book away on the internet. Even on my beloved VGC.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Aeolus451 said:
On top of just having a discussion, I gave my reasons for the thread in the OP. I can say it's definitely helped me feel better about discussing my situation. If you think it's meaningless then fair enough, you are free to not post here.

Soren0079 said:

Yeah I'm just waiting on a sale before I dive into Octopath's greatness. Did you or did you not like Awakening? So far Three Houses seems to be doing things quite differently, but too early to say if that's good or bad.
Splatoon 2 is the GOAT! Always playing that, though my latest game Mario Tennis Aces is overall solid but has some glaring issues keeping it from being great.

It might be a while till there's a slae as the game selling very well.
As for Awakening. I liked the game on a technical level but I the story and characters didn't grab me. I couldn't even attempt to talk about that. I remember almost nothing. I also got irritated by some of the game design but even so I think it may be time soon for me to jump back into fire emblem.
I recently finished the adventure mode in Mario Tennis Aces. The game does have many many issues. It'd better after that patch. Before the patch I didn't really like playing the game and I wanted to just go back to Sushi Striker instead. In contrast I have been playing Splatoon 2 again since someone I know bought it so it's got me thinking about it again.