By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War obnoxious difficult

 

In what Difficult did you play GoW?

Easy 3 8.11%
 
Medium 18 48.65%
 
Hard 13 35.14%
 
Give me God of War 3 8.11%
 
Total:37

I didn’t find the game difficult except for a couple of Valkyries and that god dam Valkyrie queen, her life bar just took so long to get down



PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

The main campaign really isn't that bad. Post game content can certainly fuck you up, but it's usually not too difficult to find a strategy that exploits the enemy's AI, regardless of difficulty. Bosses are usually pretty pattern heavy and can take some time to memorize, but once you get them down it's pretty doable.



StokedUp said:
I didn’t find the game difficult except for a couple of Valkyries and that god dam Valkyrie queen, her life bar just took so long to get down

At what difficult didn't you find the game difficult?

MTZehvor said:
The main campaign really isn't that bad. Post game content can certainly fuck you up, but it's usually not too difficult to find a strategy that exploits the enemy's AI, regardless of difficulty. Bosses are usually pretty pattern heavy and can take some time to memorize, but once you get them down it's pretty doable.

Queen doesn't have pattern, she does have several specific move animation, but you have to react to each individually. But what difficult did you play?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
MTZehvor said:
The main campaign really isn't that bad. Post game content can certainly fuck you up, but it's usually not too difficult to find a strategy that exploits the enemy's AI, regardless of difficulty. Bosses are usually pretty pattern heavy and can take some time to memorize, but once you get them down it's pretty doable.

Queen doesn't have pattern, she does have several specific move animation, but you have to react to each individually. But what difficult did you play?

That's why I specified "main campaign." The Valkyrie Queen (assuming that's what you're referring to, I don't think there's another boss named queen) is admittedly far less predictable and a lot tougher to deal with.

I played the game on Give me GoW.



MTZehvor said:
DonFerrari said:

Queen doesn't have pattern, she does have several specific move animation, but you have to react to each individually. But what difficult did you play?

That's why I specified "main campaign." The Valkyrie Queen (assuming that's what you're referring to, I don't think there's another boss named queen) is admittedly far less predictable and a lot tougher to deal with.

I played the game on Give me GoW.

Well I didn't pay much attention to patterns, but I would have to agree with you that most would have some that you can exploit (and most doesn't have many moves anyway so you can react faster).

Yep I think she is the only Queen. I just don't want to give spoilers whenever I can avoid.

You probably played better than me then, because at the start even predicting wasn't enough because I had lvl 1 until half the game and suffered a lot, and also suffered against last boss =p (between 50-95% I breezed through the game).



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I played on medium (normal mode). The difficulty was just right IMO. Challenging, yet not impossible. It also made me use all of what Kratos could do based on the situation, which was refreshing seeing as how many games leave half of your asenal obsolete in the grand scheme.

I got the plat as well. Fantastic experience and likely my GotY.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I hate games that are difficult for no reason. 



I hate games that are that difficult. 



I played it through on normal and did everything but defeat the Queen Valkyrie. She is unpleasAntly hard. But I think there beginning of the game hints at the stats you should focus on building. Runic and Cooldown. So I'm playing through super duper easy mode. I'm my goal is to complete everything before beating the game. I want to know if defeating the Queen Valkyrie before dealing with Bauldr at the end will trigger some extra lore from Freya admitting to being a Valkyrie. I also think this piece will have some follow up in the sequel. As pissed as she is at Kratos for killing her son, giving Freya back her warrior spirit by be enough to set her beef with Kratos aside and use her new retained abilities to help Kratos in defeating Thor and Odin. She could do it just to help Atreus too. So many options here. On topic playing through on NewGame+ this should help those who found the game too difficult to put up with.