By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky - 28 Changes [IGN + Interviews]

the ship has already sailed for me on this game. I don't know if they could ever convince me to go back. It's image has already been tarnished too much :(

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It's well beyond anything Sean promised. I really don't quite understands why this idea persists, although I do appreciate your comment is coming from a good place. 

Because he promised much more than they could deliver at launch, and when you screw up a launch, it's very hard to turn that negative perception around.

They've gone well beyond anything they promised. Nearly everything that's been added in all 4 updates is something that was never promised. This is like complaining NMS isn't as small as was promised. If you want it to be closer to it's promised state, reinstall it without updating it. 

The PS5 Exists. 

mZuzek said:

I'm just explaining why people still feel this way about it. See post right above yours for reference. I know the game is much better now, and I was never the one complaining in the first place, I'm just saying it's hard to change people's minds on something they already have a negative view of.

I realised that. It's just annoying and disingenuous to say 'the game is getting close to what was promised' when in fact 'the game is well beyond anything that was promised'. It's just something ignorant people say.  

The PS5 Exists. 

3 minutes to Waking Titan:

https://www.twitch.tv/wakingtitan

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
CladInShadows said:
Been meaning to start this game up again. Haven't played it since probably the Sept/Oct 2016. Can I assume any progress I made before is null and void? I'm getting the impression that everything is different, including the worlds.

In your case, yes, but even if you could continue I would recommend starting again. These changes are HUGE and many of them are at the beginning of the game so loading an old save would skip some of the new stuff and experiences. I swore I wouldn't start again but I feel I have to now, and I'm fine with that. 

Actually, it looks like I was able to continue my old save from a year and a half ago.  I'll be starting a new one though.  I don't even remember what I was doing.