By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst video game related adverts

curl-6 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I don't think those are that bad tbh. You have to admit for a child presence he's pretty good.

I don't think he's "pretty good" at all, they both come across as horribly annoying tryhards to me.

Kevin Butler? You don't like Kevin Butler?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I don't think he's "pretty good" at all, they both come across as horribly annoying tryhards to me.

Nah, always thought he came off as a smug, arrogant jerk, but that's just me.

Vini256 said:

WHOASHIE

Edit: Also, the entirety of EarthBound's marketing.

You just had to bring it up...didn't you?

Ljink96 said:

You just had to bring it up...didn't you?

I'm surprised I had to be the one to post it, I was totally expecting it to be the first reply because of how terrible it is =P

curl-6 said:

Nah, always thought he came off as a smug, arrogant jerk, but that's just me.

Truth. He was widely beloved.

Some really nice choices here. The Daikatana print ad is the my pick for worst. I rather liked the SNES Zelda ad, and love the PS3 Baby. They should bring it back. Maybe write a story about how it escaped containment, and killed Kevin Butler and his family. It would explain both why it's returned, as well as Kevin Butler's absence.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Shiken said:
A certain baby that had haunted my nightmares since the early days of the PS3...

Same here.  

Cerebralbore101 said:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/460535

"PSP: I have a family to feed."

That video is hilarious!  I even kind of remember the original ad it's making fun of.

dx11332sega said:

My favorite console of all time had this 

That video threw me for a loop, and then it just became awesomely funny.  There is a huge contrast between between the bald talking head and the other guy in the red hat.  It feels like two different commercials spliced together.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I really have no idea what the point of this one is, but the PS2 was so successful that maybe they didn't care.

This was the time where the PS2 entered the Black Lodge 

I've never watched Twin Peaks.  Would it have made more sense if I watched Twin Peaks?

curl-6 said:

I normally love Kevin Butler, but for some reason he just doesn't work in that ad.  It's like Marcus makes him seem lame somehow.

CaptainExplosion said:
Vini256 said:

I'm surprised I had to be the one to post it, I was totally expecting it to be the first reply because of how terrible it is =P

Speaking of terrible...

Were they trying to sell the games or traumatize the viewer?

Yeah, that's nightmare inducing, especially if you were a kid.

CaptainExplosion said:
dx11332sega said:

This is when I hated Nintendo and Became a Sega fan when I was a kid though this time I like Nintendo

I think it's why Australia doesn't like Nintendo as much. XD

How about this?

snip

"Your parents help you hook it uuup!" ha. I remember that ad, but not that gorgeous bit.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."