By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can MK Wii Sell 1m This Week?

The sources prelims have MK coming in at 500k or so in Japan (which line up well with 300k+ day 1 sales)

Can it get 500k from others this week?

I think it has a shot. MK released early in the week there, so it won't have the typical weird others open (= week 1 and 2).

If it can sell 1 million this week the Wii will add millions sellers 23, 24, and 25 in one week. (MySims, MKWii, RRR2)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

it is a possibility, but i wouldn't count on it though

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

The Source didn't say 500k, he said 497k!

j/k.

I wouldn't count on it, remember Europe is the country of legs, not openings.

I think Europe can do it.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Unlikely. I'm guessing more around 800k this week. And next week Europe/Other will either be the same or increase a little bit and then Japan will be about 250k. So will have a good 2nd week.

Around the Network

I think it'll be close to 1 million this week

It probably will as its got Mario in the title...

I played the game most of this weekend and while its fun, its an average racer with way too many power ups that make the game very unbalanced.

Take Mario characters away and it would sell 50K tops. Snes Mario Kart still head and shoulders above all Mario Karts that followed...

disolitude said:

I played the game most of this weekend and while its fun, its an average racer with way too many power ups that make the game very unbalanced.

Take Mario characters away and it would sell 50K tops. Snes Mario Kart still head and shoulders above all Mario Karts that followed...

lucky :( did you import it in canada ? 27th seem soooo far away

edit : nice you have 666 post your evil !

I hope it gets close. It has a good chance I think.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

brawl4life said:
disolitude said:

lucky :( did you import it in canada ? 27th seem soooo far away

edit : nice you have 666 post your evil !

Lol...good notice about the 666 thing.

Nah, didn't import it...I modded my wii few months back for this exact reason...I hate waiting for games. This does not mean I am pirating games and selling crack to kids... I own 11 wii games thus far including SSBB which I bought 2 weeks ago. It's pretty much assured that I'll buy Mario Kart as soon as it comes out...

Its also a good way to try out the games as nintendo has no demo service what so ever... 

I will not be buying ninjabread man and sega bass fishing...and I did download them. Thats right...call the cops.