By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Panic Button says they have "tons" of Switch games in the works.

curl-6 said:

I'd give half my retirement fund for one of them to be a proper Switch port of RE7. (Yeah I know, very unlikely, but I can dream, can't I?)

Knowing Capcom, they probably don't even want a regular port, to try and convince people to pay for their cloud games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I really like these people. I really hope their expanding so they can do multiple ports at the same time, and eventually create their own really high quality Switch title with everything they have learned from the system. Doom was an amazing port, Wolfenstein did its best considering it was a more story driven game and they did explain why the game suffered from low res, and I completely agree. Future games that want to be on Switch, need to be designed with the Switch in mind. Wolfenstein was not designed with the Switch in mind.

jonathanalis said:
Nintendo should themselves create a studio like panic button. Proactively offer the developers to port their games, at least the key games.
What is retro doing? Maybe they'd do that.
Gta5, KH3...

I have been saying this since the release of the Switch.  It would both repair 3rd party relationships and give us more games in a single move.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

jonathanalis said:
Nintendo should themselves create a studio like panic button. Proactively offer the developers to port their games, at least the key games.
What is retro doing? Maybe they'd do that.
Gta5, KH3...

Why?That would just incentivize even worse behaviour by third parties.Its already bad, lets not make it worse.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Well yeah, they said before they have so many offers for Switch ports that they are forced to choose on which one of them they will work.

Around the Network

Ok so all Switch third party ports are dependent on ONE studio because no one wants to do the dirty work themselves. Awesome.

Panic Button has a nitch and they've shown they know what they are doing with the hardware. What is exciting about all of this is their work is on a system barely over a year old. All the work being done now means more and more experience which means the end results for games coming down the road will be that must better.

Nintendo may consider purchasing them in the future as a direct to source re publisher of 3rd party titles.

HintHRO said:
Ok so all Switch third party ports are dependent on ONE studio because no one wants to do the dirty work themselves. Awesome.

Why would you expense that cost when there is a proven development house that can handle that so you can move to another project? You'd be cutting your potential opportunity cost by half because you're extending your time on a single project instead of working on two at a time. 

HintHRO said:

That is some major hyperbole. Panic Button has made 5 Switch ports, just based on the highly incomplete list of third-party games on the Switch third-party society thread, there are over 380 third-party Switch games (many of which are ports).

PB are in a good spot bringing multiplatforms over the amount of business they could generate for themselves could see them through a number of gens.