By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NPD Analyst predicts SWITCH to be 2018 Best-Seller in the US

Bofferbrauer2 said:
quickrick said:

similar to last year.

I think switch will ship 15 million, how is that considered switch failing? people keep saying silly things at this point, switch can't fail. 

Only 15M would be a huge failure for this year with it's baseline and upcoming games, as it would mean that those games wouldn't be able to push hardware

15m It wouldn't be huge a failure of course, but I don't see it less than around 17m in worst case.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

What were last years numbers?

Its nothing wrong about loving something, its far bigger problem when you hating something. ;)

Yea i hate nintedo so much,we are just discussing sales man. my prediction is negative for them, but i actually enjoy nintedo games. I'll be going back to states soon, my wiiu is there, and i will try zelda, donkey kong, smash, and mario 3d, plus the galaxy games, haven't owned a nintedo system since n64.

Yes you do, when you using every Nintendo related thread to be negative about Nintendo/Switch, thats very clear.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Something like 5.3m vs 4.9m i think, another instance of quickricks hyperbole.

PS4: 5460K
NSW: 4880K
XB1: 4280K

I would consider that a easy win, don't see the hyperbole in that comment

It will definitely be interesting this year, Switch will easily pass 5m and probably will be around 6m at end.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
B

quickrick said:

Yea i hate nintedo so much,we are just discussing sales man. my prediction is negative for them, but i actually enjoy nintedo games. I'll be going back to states soon, my wiiu is there, and i will try zelda, donkey kong, smash, and mario 3d, plus the galaxy games, haven't owned a nintedo system since n64.

Yes you do, when you using every Nintendo related thread to be negative about Nintendo/Switch, thats very clear.

Oh please, i usually only enter sales thread. i'm making my prediction heard thats about it. I don't enter nintendo games thread and shit on their  games, and honestly do love mario platformers and zelda, but you think that mean's hating a company then i don't really care. 

JRPGfan said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Only 15M would be a huge failure for this year with it's baseline and upcoming games, as it would mean that those games wouldn't be able to push hardware

Xbox would be happy if it did 15M this year.....
Any console doing 15M cant be said to be failing...... 20M is ALOT, and something that doesnt often happen with consoles.

Nintendo have really high expectations, and its not unreasonable to think they could fall short, and no that doesnt mean its failing.
Even with Smash + Mario Party, 20M might not be possible.

Ya no shame in not having a 20m fiscal year, PS1 did once, PS4 once, PS2 twice, Wii twice, and DS a whopping 4 times but thats it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

And yet EA thinks it can’t make any money with Madden on the Switch. Shows they are out of touch with U. S. Consumers .

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Oh please, i usually only enter sales thread. i'm making my prediction heard thats about it. I don't enter nintendo games thread and shit on their  games, and honestly do love mario platformers and zelda, but you think that mean's hating a company then i don't really care. 

If you love Mario so much why don't you just get yourself a Switch and Odyssey then? I'm sure it would fix your irrational Switch hatred in 1 fell swoop. Then you would stop begrudging every sale it gets!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

If you love Mario so much why don't you just get yourself a Switch and Odyssey then? I'm sure it would fix your irrational Switch hatred in 1 fell swoop. Then you would stop begrudging every sale it gets!

I won't lie i'm a cheap gamer,  as well as an off and on again, lately i been gaming hard. plus i just said i bought a wiiu for like 150$ off ebay with smash and captain toad, but it's in the states. i will get zelda, and the mario platformers on it, plus the galaxy series. that should catch me and on anything worth playing on nintendo for a long time, plus there are tons of playstation 4 games i need to catch i should be good till ps5 comes out, heck ill get ps5 in it's second year.

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

I won't lie i'm a cheap gamer,  as well as an off and on again, lately i been gaming hard. plus i just said i bought a wiiu for like 150$ off ebay with smash and captain toad, but it's in the states. i will get zelda, and the mario platformers on it, plus the galaxy series. that should catch me and on anything woth playing on nintendo for a long time, plus there are ton of playstation 4 games i need to catch i should be good till ps5 comes out, heck ill get ps5 in it's second year.

Wasn't aware you recently got a Wii u. If you are cheap, then i can understand you not getting a Switch just yet then. However, you will need to at some stage, if you wanna play probably the best EVER Mario and of course if the Zelda you have for wii u ISN'T BOTW. 

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
quickrick said:

I won't lie i'm a cheap gamer,  as well as an off and on again, lately i been gaming hard. plus i just said i bought a wiiu for like 150$ off ebay with smash and captain toad, but it's in the states. i will get zelda, and the mario platformers on it, plus the galaxy series. that should catch me and on anything woth playing on nintendo for a long time, plus there are ton of playstation 4 games i need to catch i should be good till ps5 comes out, heck ill get ps5 in it's second year.

Wasn't aware you recently got a Wii u. If you are cheap, then i can understand you not getting a Switch just yet then. However, you will need to at some stage, if you wanna play probably the best EVER Mario and of course if the Zelda you have for wii u ISN'T BOTW. 

BOTW is on wiiu, thats the one i'm getting. honestly my favorite genre now is probably games like bloodborne, god of war, and nioh, i love games that are really challenging with great combat  , and i heard mario odyssey is the easiest one with the platforming challenges 

Yea switch is too expensive if you dont care for playing on the go, and the only thing i want to play is mario oddysia on it. with a pro controller, and a nintendo game, plus sd card, we are looking at 460$ spent, and i barely can catch with with ps4 games i need to play. i bought a wiiu just to try some of these nintedo games that are being called the greatest of all time. 

Last edited by quickrick - on 10 July 2018

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

BOTW is on wiiu, thats the one i'm getting. honestly my favorite genre now is probably games like bloodborne, god of war, and nioh, i love games that are really challenging with great combat  , and i heard mario odyssey is the easiest one with the platforming challenges 

Yea switch is too expensive if you dont care for playing on the go, and the only thing i want to play is mario oddysia on it. with a pro controller, and a nintendo game, plus sd card, we are looking at 460$ spent, and i barely can catch with with ps4 games i need to play. i bought a wiiu just to try some of these nintedo games that are being called the greatest of all time. 

Dependant on your gaming skills on whether you can call Odyssey easy or not. Personally, i'm not much of a platforming fan yet i massively enjoyed Odyssey. I can genuinely say you can quite easily put 60 hours into this game with a huge grin on your face! A lot shorter to simply complete but doing that is kinda self-defeating. Collecting all the power moons, or at least as many as you can is where where the greatest fun/enjoyment comes from in this game and i can tell you quite a few AIN'T EASY!

Medisti said:
I don't know. PS4 has been ahead all year, basically. It's possible that Pokemon and Smash could put the Switch ahead overall, I guess, but with RDR:2 coming and there likely to be another Black Friday price cut for PS4, I'm definitely leaning PS4 for the win this year myself.

Yea, if Sony keeps the $199 thing going longer this year, and maybe a permanent cut to $249, I'm pretty sure Sony takes the year. There's also Spider-Man, which should help boost sales, too.